SIP + Footswitch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to get a scrollsaw but I have one question that I can't quite work out. Is it possible to get a footswitch to go with the SIP saw and, if so, where or how?

Thanks for you time,

Brendan

Hi Brendan.
The SIP has a NVR switch which means the switch is held in the on position by an electro magnet when switched on. Once the power is cut ie by a foot switch or switching off at the mains, the switch will only switch on again when the green button is pressed. This is a safety feature on a lot of machinery. It stops the machine running when switched on at the mains without some other input by the operator.
In theory the switch could be replaced with a foot switch. I contemplated this, but its a bit like driving a car, after a couple of weeks I could find the on/off switch easily and now see no useful purpose in fitting one.
HTH

Thanks Mike,

That's simplified things for me. It's easy to get carried away when reading loads of stuff about a possible new tool purchase so my mind is at ease now.

Brendan

Back