Sip 01928

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian, can you post photo's of the blade clamp? It may be something simple like the allen screw ends not being flat.
Regarding vibration, my Jet saw is bolted to a very substantial bench and I find it is best at around 1200rpm/spm. Anything about that and the noise becomes a problem for me, and although the table doesn't vibrate much when bolted down, faster speeds just don't feel right.

Martin.

Hi Martin,

Attached is a photo. I think it shows the clamp quite well and how it just doesn't want to close. The bottom clamp appears similar but I can't get my camera down there.
clamp.jpg
What do you think?

regards

Brian

Attachments

• clamp.jpg
    clamp.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,801
Brian, That clamp somehow is wrong, that L shaped bit should be the other way up, ie the long bit that you show in the pic over the little pins goes into a recess in the side of the bit with the split in it, it then should grab the pinless blade, have a good look at it, i know its very awkward, if i can get a pic from mine today some time i will post it.

regards Ted....

I'm glad you posted your pic as well, Ted. I couldn't figure it out otherwise. It looks to me like someone didn't want to copy the simple clamps and tried to make one completely different, but didn't think it through from the users point of view. :mrgreen: I'm not keen on the idea that the clamping pressure appears to be all on one side, but I guess if it works, that's all that matters.

Good luck with it, Brian, hopefully you'll be scrolling this evening. :)

Ted,

Thanks for your input. I dismantled the mechanism this morning and had a proper look at it and was able to figure it out from your description. It seems a bit of a clumsy design but it seems to work and I can now use pinless blades. Must say the proper blades leave a much better finish than the one that came with the saw.

Must practice now to stay on the line as it keeps wandering. Not sure if I've got enough tension on the blade but haven't figured out how to adjust that yet. There just seems to be the lever and that's it.

regards

Brian

No problem Brian, the lever at the top just turns clockwise to add tension and then closed down, personally the blade fixing is a pain i think and i am still looking for a better way, other than that the saw seems fine for me!

bassethound":3rzl7aoa said:
No problem Brian, the lever at the top just turns clockwise to add tension and then closed down, personally the blade fixing is a pain i think and i am still looking for a better way, other than that the saw seems fine for me!

I agree, blade changing is not as slick as it could be but for the price I agree the saw is good value and works fine.

regards

Brian

Back