Side table restoration.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

My wife is restoring a small side table which has a small area of veneer missing.

can anyone tell me where I can obtain small amounts of, I believe Oak veneer?

Any information will be greatly accepted.

ATB Gary.

Also try Tilgear as they are selling off small packs of veneer for about £5.
Number is 01707 873434 :)

Hi, I'll have a go at putting in a picture. It's been a while. I have resized it to 600 x 400. Is that right?

Table-veneer-rest-2.jpg

The piece of veneer missing is 275mm long by 30mm wide.

As you can see, there are several moisture marks. What can I do about them? Do I just stain them?

ATB Gary.

Did some one call :D
I will have to post an anwser later as i am going training and will do it when I come back :)

Its the big question as some time you can get away with just staining but I would strip the top first ( dont put to much stripper on is it might take some of the veneer off)

Then sand it by hand and then stain to get an even colour, its the best way :)

Almost forgot #-o
Do the stripping after you have done the repair as this will help you get a better colour match, the striper will colour the new piece with the colour in it :)
I hope that is clear

Colin.

My wife had already sanded the top when I looked at it. I suggested wiping the top with white spirit or meths. What you see in the picture is the result. (The meths didn't cause the staining).

ATB Gary.

Back