Show your sheds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molynoox

Established Member
Reaction score
How about we post pictures of our sheds?
Whenever somebody shows a picture of theirs I'm always fascinated to see what stuff they have / how they have organised it etc
Both inside and out would be interesting I think.

If you do, ensure that image data is turned off on your camera.
Some record GPS coordinates or other location data, which can be seen if you view an images properties. Some scumbags use it to target a shed/wòrkshop from the data.
So be careful your not unknowingly offering up a target for tool thefts.

How about we post pictures of our sheds?
Whenever somebody shows a picture of theirs I'm always fascinated to see what stuff they have / how they have organised it etc
Both inside and out would be interesting I think.
I’m think the exif data gets dropped when you upload to the forum. I did check when I uploaded some images a while back. In fact just checked on the workshop image I posted yesterday and it doesn’t have any camera or location information.

Suppose I should get it rolling.

IMG_20231127_175832.jpg

Mine is still very young.

Desk mode
IMG_20230930_174709.jpg

Outside (my workshop is the left room)
Screenshot_2023-12-17-11-33-16-97_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Suppose I should get it rolling.
It is a veritable palace among sheds! 😳 Do you do guided tours with genteel garden parties in the summer for invited guests? 😁 Nice looking from the outside too. I am just moving from a tiny cramped 8' x 6' shed that had no room for those of the cat swinging persuasion, into a luxurious 12' x 8' shed with some space in case I want to enter the cat swinging olympics. It is getting a lick of paint to lighten the plywood walls and the bench and tools will move in piecemeal. preliminary pix for now,,, more anon.

Attachments

• awaiting shed.jpg
    awaiting shed.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • in situ.jpg
    in situ.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I’m think the exif data gets dropped when you upload to the forum. I did check when I uploaded some images a while back. In fact just checked on the workshop image I posted yesterday and it doesn’t have any camera or location information.
Good point... I use an exif cleaner to remove any chance of information going where it should not.

It is a veritable palace among sheds! 😳 Do you do guided tours with genteel garden parties in the summer for invited guests? 😁 Nice looking from the outside too. I am just moving from a tiny cramped 8' x 6' shed that had no room for those of the cat swinging persuasion, into a luxurious 12' x 8' shed with some space in case I want to enter the cat swinging olympics. It is getting a lick of paint to lighten the plywood walls and the bench and tools will move in piecemeal. preliminary pix for now,,, more anon.
I don't offer garden parties but I do show people round on occasion; I run a garden room business so they need something to look at.
I don't think my workshop is really what they want to see but hey ho.
Your workshop looks a bit bare... 😅

About 100mtrs from the main house, this is my daily commute. Wood store in the cellar. Was originally an early Victorian gardener's bothy which I first rebuilt about 30 years ago and has had a new floor, structural work, electrics, waterproof internal plastering etc since then. Needs some tlc on the roof ATM. Views over valley for 20+ miles.

Only problem is that 2/3 of the floor is suspended (over the cellar) which limits individual machines in that area to around 100kg and preferably near the walls. Also could do with a bigger main door! Rendering down big timber really has to be done outside.

Am currently designing new workshop with solid floors and UFH driven from the main heat pump. This will be "squarer" and about 40mtr2 with proper insulation and double glazing. Won't have the same character however I won't freeze in winter!

PXL_20221215_114436323_copy_806x605.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, just checked a few images here with JIMPL and yes the image metadata didn't include location data.
Unlike some upload sites that don't remove metadata. So a plus for this forum.
Only thing though a quick Google lens search did throw up the garden rooms site with the exact same image.

Mines still a 'work in progress- currently it is mostly used for storage of my household goods and furniture, with a single bay (and a half filled one) for 'working in' and what will eventually be my mill/lathe/tool room currently filled with my caravan (being lived in while building my house lol)
Once the house is completed, then the caravan will move out, as will all the furniture etc from the big bays, with an auto elec workshop on the 2 middle bays, office/storeroom//toilet etc on the far right bay and the smaller 'leanto' bay on the left will be the 'non autoelec' workshop with the big toys in it
The total shed is 21m x 9m in size, the 'workshop' is 5m x 9m

Under construction (took me just over a year to finish the shed- it was effectively a 3 bay shed with the 'leanto' being a 2 car garage with a common wall lol- it is attached but effectively a separate structure altogether...)
main-qimg-6996cb83b332f2824ffd9e48c50cfed0-pjlq.jpeg

'temporary' home sweet home... (eventually to be the 'workshop' proper...)
Screenshot from 2023-08-01 01-38-01.png

Pretty much how it looks now...
main-qimg-6f06b86d9fa695b3cc5b5e6591eb5eb8.png

Not going to show inside- cos- well its a bloody mess lol- no benches set up, with piles of furniture and other stuff all covered in old bedsheets- currently working on the house takes priority- I got heaps of those white plastic boxes filled with 'stuff' along one wall (they are semi see-through, so finding the right one is pretty easy), and I mostly do all the work on a couple of sawhorses, a folding 'B&D work station' and the concrete floor lol- tools are in my old tool box on wheels, and three 'rolling table/trolleys'- in other words, slightly organised chaos lol
Screenshot from 2023-12-19 09-27-54.png

Mostly because this is the priority...
Need to turn this

Screenshot from 2023-12-19 09-05-33.png

into something like this (except I went with the same colour scheme as the shed- sandstone Colourbond on the walls, gumtree green Colourbond on the roof lol)

Screenshot from 2023-09-06 10-36-47.png

Once all that is done, then I can start on the workshop proper....

Last edited:
Mines still a 'work in progress- currently it is mostly used for storage of my household goods and furniture, with a single bay (and a half filled one) for 'working in' and what will eventually be my mill/lathe/tool room currently filled with my caravan (being lived in while building my house lol)
Once the house is completed, then the caravan will move out, as will all the furniture etc from the big bays, with an auto elec workshop on the 2 middle bays, office/storeroom//toilet etc on the far right bay and the smaller 'leanto' bay on the left will be the 'non autoelec' workshop with the big toys in it
The total shed is 21m x 9m in size, the 'workshop' is 5m x 9m

Under construction (took me just over a year to finish the shed- it was effectively a 3 bay shed with the 'leanto' being a 2 car garage with a common wall lol- it is attached but effectively a separate structure altogether...)
View attachment 172089
'temporary' home sweet home... (eventually to be the 'workshop' proper...)
View attachment 172090
Pretty much how it looks now...
View attachment 172091

Not going to show inside- cos- well its a bloody mess lol- no benches set up, with piles of furniture and other stuff all covered in old bedsheets- currently working on the house takes priority- I got heaps of those white plastic boxes filled with 'stuff' along one wall (they are semi see-through, so finding the right one is pretty easy), and I mostly do all the work on a couple of sawhorses, a folding 'B&D work station' and the concrete floor lol- tools are in my old tool box on wheels, and three 'rolling table/trolleys'- in other words, slightly organised chaos lol
View attachment 172097

Mostly because this is the priority...
Need to turn this

View attachment 172095
into something like this (except I went with the same colour scheme as the shed- sandstone Colourbond on the walls, gumtree green Colourbond on the roof lol)

View attachment 172096

Once all that is done, then I can start on the workshop proper....
Cool projects!
I really like the idea of building a house.

Martin

Here's mine in vaguely chronological order, built in 2011 so changed a bit since then Kity K5 gone and replaced with Startrite PT260, huge old spindle bought off Wallace of this parish, Myford 254, metalwork station + TIG etc - have now run out of room.....
1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 0
I might put mine up after Christmas when I have tidied up all the shavings that the mad dash to finish stuff for Craft Shows seems to have deposited in drifts al over the shed floor, worktops, stored timber etc!!

Phil

Cool projects!
I really like the idea of building a house.

Martin
This one is easy- it's a 'kit home'- steel framed, colourbond exterior walls and roof, plasterboard inside... (my property is in bushland, in a BFZ zoning- so everything has to be 'fireproof' plus there are restrictions on things like vegetation near the house etc- but having kangaroos literally coming up to the shed every day and the like makes up for it lol

Most of the external bits (frames, roof, walls etc) are already precut and drilled- so it is literally a giant 'mechano set' to put together, just bolt it up, following the plans lol- only the interior needs any actual cutting

The shed was pretty much the same- I had the concrete pad poured professionally (lol- it took 9 mixer truck loads of concrete- not mixing THAT by hand!!!) but then the rest was just me for the most part

The house is a '4 bedroom' (although I will only have 3 as bedrooms, the fourth will be my 'electronics workshop') and is actually quite a large building- the bedrooms are all 'standard height' ceilings, but the lounge/dining/kitchen are all in the central 'tall barn' bit, and have 4m high cathedral ceilings at the center (I did have the design modified a bit- it now has a full length verandah roof at the front instead of the little one on the original designs- the front windows are quite large, and with the aussie sun....
rural-retreat-167-steel-kit-homes-floor-plan__ScaleMaxWidthWzE4MDBd.jpg

Both the shed and house are/will be completely offgrid for electricity with 18kw of solar panels, a 20kwh battery bank and 12kw inverter supplying the 'go juice'

Back