Show prices ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Just been sent some bumf from Record named "Exclusive show only deals 2008" and guess what most of the stuff seems to be the same price as they have been for a month or two now ie 1624-44 deal 1 £799, deal 2 £999, DVR-XP `promo` package (?) £1799 its been that for a while in the mags so whats happening there don`t these firms realise we read magazines fair enough the odd item has a tenner or two off but nothing to write home about hardly bargain of the century stuff,moan over.
Regards
Steve

Its all about exchange rates. the £ is falling against the dollar and the euro so we as a country will be paying more for every thing that is imported. over six months the £ has dropped 18% against the euro. As a dealer of a wide range of products I have had price increases passed on or dealer discounts cut on a scale I have never seen before, on one occasion 2 or 3 times in the last 12 months from the same company.

Only now is the full impact of the credit crunch and the recession starting to bite. If the £ continues to slide then there will be more pain.

For a long time we have been riding on a strong currency that allowed our products to be cheaper to a certain extent. Thats over now I dont expect massive price rises but fantastic deals wont be that common either.

try d&m tools they seem a lot cheaper and have free delivery too,for the price of a lathe from other companies you get extras with these guys

I dont know if there is a differance in the prices from any of the tool suppliers such as D&M or any of the ones that had the Nova deals on offre. I bought a Nova from ASK tools there was no differance in the price of the tools, the differance to me was in the shipping to Ireland ASK tools were about 35% cheaper with there shipping costs. To me that was a saving of almost £40.00 and I got everything that Was advertised .
REgards Boysie

IME the 'Show deals' you used to see are definitely a thing of the past.

Now if you are quick enough you may get a demo machine they are using for the weekend, but even they seem to be in short supply now. As to hand tools I have bought them cheaper on-line from a dealer than what you can buy at the shows.

My last experience was with Sorby, they used to give you the VAT off at a show, don't know if they still do.

I'm no whiz kid on financial affairs, but I am curious to see where we are going with the financial situation the way it is these days. You may see some real deals coming out as the dealers try to keep their sales figures up. I have all the tools I need just now, but am keeping my eye on the adverts and so on, just in case. :twisted:

Just my penne'th worth!

TEP":3u77hfzj said:
I'm no whiz kid on financial affairs, but I am curious to see where we are going with the financial situation the way it is these days.

Me too Tam. You would think stuff like lathes, bandsaws and more expensive things are not exactly walking out the dealers doors these days so maybe some good deals on the horizon?? maybe not. I am being optimistic about Harrogate but speaking to a dealer who went to the Midland show he was very disappointed with the attendance as well as being charged £250 for the use of a single mains socket I don`t know how its viable for the dealers to attend.
Regards
Steve

Back