Shop Art

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn pete

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s been a while! The day job has been a real bear lately. It’s been good to get some shop time in over the Thanksgiving holiday.

This project isn’t so much woodworking, but more of a reused material art piece…that was made in the shop. I did use the jointer, planer, drill press and table saw though! :)

It’s got the industrial/modern/salvaged material feel I was going for…thoughts/critique?

http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/ ... p-art.html

I went back and forth on mounting the four panels straight on the wall or mounting them on a backer, to make it all one piece. I wanted to emphasize that the colored fields and the strips traversed across the four panels. I think hanging them on the wall makes that case but maybe with a bit more subtlety. I think the backer would "lock" it down too much. Thoughts?

I figured that I would live with it on the wall a bit and then decide for sure, but the backer is quickly leaving my thoughts.

Attachments

• critique.jpg
    critique.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,377
It's not my cup of tea but I think you're right about the backer, you've got it well aligned and the pattern flows naturally across the pieces without any further help.

I like it!!!!!!!
Have you ever thought about stencil stuff. I did some years ago with old tools and leaves and sprayed over them. Looked cool. What spary did you use?

Thanks guys!

Rich, I used some standard semi-gloss spray paint that I picked up at Home Depot. I did prime the panels first. Absolutely, you should post a project pick!

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed visiting your site on the process procedure.

Gary

Back