Shameless bragging - first sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispuzzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Yay!

I sold a jigsaw puzzle at the weekend, the first bona fide folding stuff that I've got for a puzzle.

Astoundingly it was made with my infamous Meccano fretsaw, and bought by a chap who wants it for a toy museum in Holland as part of a Meccano exhibit he curates.

Isn't it a grand feeling when you sell your first piece though?!

Well done Chris!!! I've always admired your jigsaws, no matter what saw they're cut on.

:D

And what a timely post after my weekend comments in this thread :) .

I hope you made a bit of profit too.

Gill

Thanks Gill.

Here's the jigsaw puzzle that was cut at the show:

Jigsaw.jpg

I love the evocative Meccano magazine covers, it's exactly the same sort of artwork that you would get on, for example, Chad Valley jigsaw puzzles. Fortunately I have an agreement with the outfit that holds the right to republish the magazines...

This cover was called "Apollo at Crewe". The puzzle itself is A4 in size (about 10"x8") and has about 140 pieces.

I shall have to ensure that my other half doesn't see your saw. We will have get all that old metal stuff out of the loft!!!
Seriously, though, I love your jigsaw, it is so evocative of childhood.I remember sitting round the table when I was a child doing the things "en famille", I have sat with our elderly neighbours helping with their jigsaws over a cuppa.

If asked, I would say I don't like doing puzzles, but seem to have spent a lot of time sat with them. I do love making them and seeing other's examples, though and yours are really superb

Sue

Back