Senco SLP20XP Brad Nailer - US

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Rexon MN1850A 18g brad nailer, and to be perfectly honest, I hate it. It has nose that's bigger then an elephants foot so I end up blowing out through the sides of the project more then occasionally in tight places, seems an inch too tall to get in anywhere I want to nail :lol: and yet it cost me £130

I haven't been able to find the perfect brad nailer until now, I was watching the new yankee workshop last night and noticed Norm toenailing dado's with what looked like the perfect nailer for me, I have identified it as the Senco SLP20. It's a bit smaller then the Rexon, (maybe that 1" height I seem to always need :p ) and has a nice pointed nose on it. It only does up to 40mm brads rather then the 50mm of the rexon, but who needs 50's anyway :)

Now I have found the SLP20 XP (whats the difference besides a red top :? ) at coastaltool.com for $139.00. And i'm wondering if anybody else has imported a Senco nailer to the UK and what are there opinions on it?

EDIT: I forgot, does anyone know any other US tool suppliers that do international shipping where I might find this nailer?

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,
Senco nailers are very good, but very expensive :(
I have a few senco nailers all imported from the states through Ebay.
The difference with the red top and the XP added to the name is nothing significant, only that it is now one of their Extreme Pro range.
You can get them in the UK but be prepared to pay around £250-£300 for one of these.
The Finish Pro range are very good as well.
One thing i will say is that Norm doesn't use the plastic tip with his, thereby making the tip smaller. I wonder if you have tried taking the tip off yours ??
Try a search on Ebay for Senco and remember to tick the worldwide option.
HTH.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Yes I have tried taking the plastic top off, the problem is the tip is shaped like a rectangle which is about 12mm x 4mm, more like a stapler, although it isn't a stapler.. Thanks for the suggestion of ebay, I've been looking and theres been quite a few on there, I'll keep a sharp look out!

Thanks
Danny

Back