Selling woodworking equipment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Margaret you'd be surprised what you can fit in a single car garage if you are determined - I have a Axminster TS-250 with extension table and sliding table, a full size Axminster P/T, 2 kitchen worktops as benches, Bandsaw, Mitre saw and a bench mortiser (plus all the usual tools) in garage that would only fit a Morris Minor in (providing you exited through the boot). I have them all around the edges of the room and I get to stand in the middle in a space a little less than a square metre but it works with some thought and planning. Also, at a push, can you not remove your sliding table, stick it behind your sofa and use a sled for the time being? Its amazing what tools you can hide in the house providing you always volunteer to do the hoovering nobody need ever know. Bandsaw in the airing cupboard, mitre saw in the footstool - sigh, if only it werent for those damn kids!

MargaretT":ankql090 said:
Now I've stared there will be no stopping me!!!
Margaret be very careful. You could end up like me, I'm on this site more than I'm at my bench. :lol:

Hope you can find storage for your saw, or you get a good price for it.

Take care

Baldhead

NickWelford":9n8qackn said:
What does it cost to buy a small shipping container?

It depends where you are in the country but around East Anglia you can get a 20ft container dropped onsite for around £10 a week rent. I had one until recently. It's not much at all.

You can buy them delivered for £600 to £700 if I remember correctly but easier to rent I would guess. Alot of the storage places that use containers for rent should also offer an onsite service.

MargaretT":17gpxv4i said:
my table saw which has a sliding table an extension table is too big for my garage.
[/quote]

So is mine, I just have to use it with the garage door open, when the neighbours are out :)[/quote]

My neighbours are far enough away but I have my band saw, planer thicknesses, a huge amount of wood and other stuff as well as a biomass boiler and water tanks in the garage so I think I'm pushing my luck![/quote]

You could stack you're timber outside, in stick and cover with galvanise etc just make sure its sticked every 2ft and plenty of air circulating, may give you enough room to store the nice sounding saw you mentioned, or a temporary lean to at the side or end of the garage?
Regards Rodders

Margaret,

I'm by no means an expert (quite the contrary in fact) but I have often heard that a tracksaw (e.g. Festool, Bosch, Mafell, etc) can do a lot that a tablesaw can do, especially if a bandsaw is also available.

If you are really unable to house and/or store a table saw then perhaps your plan to sell your table saw is not so bad as the cash you could make from that sale could at least contribute to the purchase of a tracksaw, even plus bandsaw?

I just don't have enough space for a table saw myself (although I'd love one) and find that for all the stuff I've done up to now a home-made track/hand-held circular saw plus a small bandsaw have served me pretty well (O.K. agreed, I've done no "large carcase" pieces so far).

Just a thought, HTH.

Krgds
AES

glynster":1uo04uy3 said:
Margaret you'd be surprised what you can fit in a single car garage if you are determined - I have a Axminster TS-250 with extension table and sliding table, a full size Axminster P/T, 2 kitchen worktops as benches, Bandsaw, Mitre saw and a bench mortiser (plus all the usual tools) in garage that would only fit a Morris Minor in (providing you exited through the boot). I have them all around the edges of the room and I get to stand in the middle in a space a little less than a square metre but it works with some thought and planning. Also, at a push, can you not remove your sliding table, stick it behind your sofa and use a sled for the time being? Its amazing what tools you can hide in the house providing you always volunteer to do the hoovering nobody need ever know. Bandsaw in the airing cupboard, mitre saw in the footstool - sigh, if only it werent for those damn kids!

Well I don't have any kids to worry about so maybe I can get creative about where to put things. Sounds like you make full use of your garage! Was moving the rest of my stuff into my garage today and wondering about whether I could squeeze my table taw in without the extra tables. Problem is our hungry biomass boiler uses 2cubic metres of logs per week and it and the logs use a lot of space. Living in Scotland we definitely need the boiler!

AES":o0fbvmn0 said:
Margaret,

I'm by no means an expert (quite the contrary in fact) but I have often heard that a tracksaw (e.g. Festool, Bosch, Mafell, etc) can do a lot that a tablesaw can do, especially if a bandsaw is also available.

If you are really unable to house and/or store a table saw then perhaps your plan to sell your table saw is not so bad as the cash you could make from that sale could at least contribute to the purchase of a tracksaw, even plus bandsaw?

I just don't have enough space for a table saw myself (although I'd love one) and find that for all the stuff I've done up to now a home-made track/hand-held circular saw plus a small bandsaw have served me pretty well (O.K. agreed, I've done no "large carcase" pieces so far).

Just a thought, HTH.

Krgds
AES

Yeah I wondered about the festool table and saw but I think that would be really expensive. I bought a bandsaw which until now has been really under-utilised so I guess it is time to put it to work.
Thanks

Baldhead":33cy3dir said:
MargaretT":33cy3dir said:
Problem solved I'm getting addicted to posting and don't have time for woodworking so don't need any tools!!
Just 3 more posts Margaret and your there!!! :lol:

Baldhead
So near yet so far away! Been reading other threads and trying to think of some helpful things to say!

Random Orbital Bob":13f5l5ts said:
Yes Margaret...tell us about your addictions :)
Hmmm not sure that I should answer that!!
But I do have a question. How do I type a straightforward answer to a post without clicking on the quote button? Sometimes there is a quick reply box at the bottom of the screen but not always

If you scroll down your screen you will always find a white space which is the quick reply box, I must say I've never known it not to be there, though on occasion its not visible without scrolling.

Looks like I have my minimum number of posts! Was much easier than I imagined! Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. Now if you would like to treat yourself to a lovely table saw I will be posting one in the For Sale section tomorrow
Cheers
Margaret

Back