Selling woodworking equipment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MargaretT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been a member since August 2013 and have found so many posts to be of great use to me. As I am still learning I have not posted as I feel that others with more experience than me could provide better advice.
Unfortunately the landlord of the workshop I have been using needs his property back and I need to sell some of my equipment including my awesome table saw as I have nowhere to store it. Im not sure whether I can advertise as I am not a regular poster. Can you please advise.
Thanks,
Margaret

drop a moderator an email- they may be willing ti make an exception. You could make another coupleof posts, then at least you will be able to use the PM system.

marcros":3tpilm4s said:
drop a moderator an email- they may be willing ti make an exception. You could make another coupleof posts, then at least you will be able to use the PM system.
Thanks for the advice! I'll try sending an email. I thought about putting out a few posts but that seemed a bit sneaky!

that is the other way, but i am sure that the mods would prefer you to drop them an email rather than make endless posts of nonsense. That said, some members are up to 6000 posts plus, most of which are nonsense. :)

marcros":2s9ypwtt said:
that is the other way, but i am sure that the mods would prefer you to drop them an email rather than make endless posts of nonsense. That said, some members are up to 6000 posts plus, most of which are nonsense. :)
HaHa-yeah I'm sure a lot of the posts aren't very meaningful but I have learned a lot from some good posts. Thanks again for your help. I managed to find an email address for one of the moderators and dropped them a line.

I hope you will soon be able to resume your woodworking and that in the meantime your valued items go to a good home.

worn thumbs":wtuvl06h said:
I hope you will soon be able to resume your woodworking and that in the meantime your valued items go to a good home.
Awe thanks, I'm not going to give up-I'll work from my garage at home until I can find somewhere suitable but unfortunately my table saw which has a sliding table an extension table is too big for my garage.

MargaretT":izbsi4d4 said:
worn thumbs":izbsi4d4 said:
my table saw which has a sliding table an extension table is too big for my garage.

So is mine, I just have to use it with the garage door open, when the neighbours are out :)

I think you would loose a bit of money having to sell a saw like that only to purchase another in a couple of years.

Are you absolutely sure that you cannot find an unused barn or industrial building somewhere where the owner would be happy to get some rent for a little storage space. You can always take ste saw apart and smear all machined surfaces with grease to protect the metal from rust.

I know Britain is a lot different from there I live........ but still I think that there has to be some surplus space somewhere. Do you know any farmers? Farmers tend to know each other so that way you may get a lead on something.

I am slowly preparing for building a bigger shop so I have a bit of machinery in that kind of storage.

my table saw which has a sliding table an extension table is too big for my garage.[/quote][/quote]

So is mine, I just have to use it with the garage door open, when the neighbours are out :)[/quote]

My neighbours are far enough away but I have my band saw, planer thicknesses, a huge amount of wood and other stuff as well as a biomass boiler and water tanks in the garage so I think I'm pushing my luck!

How about renting a room at a self storage depot, would save you having to get rid of the saw only to replace it down the road. You would just need to calculate the storage cost v cost of saw v how long you are likely to need to store it for.

dc_ni":n127inni said:
How about renting a room at a self storage depot, would save you having to get rid of the saw only to replace it down the road. You would just need to calculate the storage cost v cost of saw v how long you are likely to need to store it for.

I've looked into these recently down here in Hampshire, and although bigger than Margaret would need a 250sq ft (20' x 12' shed equivalent approx) would cost around £110 per week, and no apparent discounting for long periods eg 6 or 12 months although I haven't tried negotiating but just based on various websites. Work that up for a year and it's not far off £6k ! But it could be feasible for a smaller space and shorter time, and there are other places as mentioned like farms or yards that rent out shipping containers at the cheaper end of the market.

I recently sold my sip tablesaw for the exact same reason, that it was going to be uneconomic to store it for any length of time due to the space it took up :(

Cheers, Paul

Margaret. You need to make 20 posts to overcome the forum rules lock on the use of the for sale board. This is deliberate to prevent those free from moral worth trying to use this valuable space for commercial means to avoid fees charged by other auction sites. Your case is clearly genuine, clearly not a business with such an intent so can I suggest you respond to this post a further 14 times to get your post count across the line. Once you have the necessary 20, nip over to the for sale forum (can I suggest it will help you to quickly read through the rules at the top of the board please) then post away, not forgetting the picture. I'll then remove this thread.

Best of luck with the saw and welcome to the forum........ You realise, you have to keep posting now don't you....just out of guilt :)

Thanks Bob,
I've been surprised that having done one post and received responses which I then respond to my number of posts is quickly going up.
Though I have read lots of threads I don't usually contribute as I think others can usually make a more valuable contribution but... Now I've stared there will be no stopping me!!!

Back