Securing workpiece on MFT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roboboyo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ok guys.

So I’m setting up a cut on my MFT. I have the rail locked and stable but my workpiece has no support

Is there any clamps I can use to secure the workpiece so that it’s not moving when plunge cutting ?

Many thanks

Ok guys.

So I’m setting up a cut on my MFT. I have the rail locked and stable but my workpiece has no support

Is there any clamps I can use to secure the workpiece so that it’s not moving when plunge cutting ?

Many thanks
Of course, if you want Festool
AE48086D-287C-4AB7-A2D9-B6E0C4C16792.jpeg

if you want others then hear are a few other choices, there are quite a few others.
1793ECEC-CD80-492C-9A7B-D4FA448810AA.jpeg
0B65A3A4-0ED9-465D-A52A-77CA3A206E27.jpeg
165EBD60-6112-4E80-A2FC-7A9A7E6F590C.jpeg

I've got the red handled clamps above and they're really decent. I believe I bought them from Ali express for cheap

I have the rail locked and stable but my workpiece has no support
One of my original issues with the mft benchs and why I delayed going down that route. I solved it by using the microjig slots inbetween the 20mm holes so now I use dogs for alignment and microjig clamps tp hold things down and it really makes the mft more usable.

and you could purchase here Micro Jig MATCHFIT Dovetail Hardware Variety Pack

I just use the normal festool screw ones, second down on the left in the pictures from @sometimewoodworker `s post.
Cheaper copies are available.
However, normally the workpiece is pushed up against some dogs for squareness anyway and this is enough support. Mostly I don`t need to clamp it unless it is a particularly small or an awkward shape.

Ollie

Worrying unnecessarily perhaps? With a reasonable sized workpiece, clean rail and the weight of the tracksaw, don't push it hard and nothing will move?
Try it and see?

Latest posts

Back