Second router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iancd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just setting up a UJK Technology router table, with the dust extractor housing.
The table will be more or less permanently located between in-feed and out-feed tables, so I've taken the wheels off - though it can be moved if necessary.
I'm thinking it's going to be quite a pain to mount and dismount the router with the dust extraction enclosure, so am thinking about buying an additional router so one of the two can be permanently installed in the table.
I bought a Trend T11 intending to use it in the table, as it has the above-table depth adjustment facility so I wouldn't need the UK router elevator
So... do I fit the T11 permanently into the table, and buy another router for hand-held use? If so, is there an advantage to sticking with Trend for accessories, jigs, guide rails, etc..?
Would a T10 be a good second router for hand-held?
Are there other options I should consider? The DeWalt 625 was getting a lot of positive feedback some time ago and is cheaper.
Thanks

T10 is the same as DW625 only usually more expensive. T10 is essentially same as T11 but without the undertable features. So YES for a half incher I think DW625 is a good choice. I nearly got one but got a T10 instead because CPC had them on offer at the time. I would consider jig and accessory compatibilty important too, fences, collets, home made jigs will all work. There are other good half inchers around, but I don't know how compatible with the T11 they'll be so for me I'd look no further.

Iancd":2q76o8dh said:
So... do I fit the T11 permanently into the table, and buy another router for hand-held use?

I would wait and see whether you actually need a 1/2" router for hand-held use once you have the table up and running, you may find a 1/4" router more user-friendly, personally I never use a 1/2" router hand-held. If you do need one, how about keeping the Trend for that and putting the cheaper Triton TRA001/TRB001 in the table.

I know I'll need the 1/2" router hand held for several big pieces of work which won't go through the table...
So, pretty much decided on the T10 and ordered it but realised this morning I may want to use Trend's guide rail system for some long cuts in the future - so, upgraded to another T11.
Had a bit of luck with that - I asked if they could do anything on the price: they took the 'free' 1/4" collett out and did the T11 for just £12 extra. Result..! :)

Back