Scroll Saw/Router Bowls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisR

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut out a number of mixed hardwood bowls with the scroll saw, finishing off the edges with the router, when I decided to test how efficient a router is at cutting human flesh.

Just got back from A&E, and have to go back tomorrow to have the dressing changed, result of test, a router is excellent at cutting human flesh, :shock: won’t be able to pick my nose for a few days.

Silly old sod. :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

That sounds nasty Chris. I hope it all heals up soon. I was with a friend helping him to make some kitchen units. My friend was setting the depth on the biscuit jointer uning a small off cut, he held this is his hand and the biscuit jointer in the other, as he plunged it into the wood the wood went flying and he decapitated four fingers. Thankfully the hospital sorted it out and re-attached the fingers. He is right as rain now but he will nevr make that mistake again.

Chris,

Hope all goes well.
Thanks for posting its useful to be reminded that these things bite

Brian

Ouch Chris! I thought I was Dangerous Brian 9-) reminds me of the Kenny Everett Show many years ago with the DIY "Expert" chopping hands/arms etc off with a circular saw and each time it showed him he more and more bandages! lol Hope your injury heals well and I'm sure one of the guys on here could make you a custom nose picker? what type of wood do you like? or Perspex may be more hygienic :cool:
Brian

Many thanks all for your kind comments, yes these things do bite if we just drop our guard for a second, I am sure I will heal ok, just no wood cutting for a few days. :(

Brian, nose picker ? yes perspex would be the more hygienic, but thinking about it I am sure I can train my left hand, after all, at this time it doesn’t seem I am that safe with tools. :lol:

Many thanks again all.

Take care.

Chris R.

PS. Hope the A&E don’t have spy cameras, as I am supposed to be keeping my right hand above my left shoulder, not playing on the computer, but I am left hand typing, slow but sure. :wink:

Back