SCROLL SAW A DYING ART ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to disagree with the comments on craft fares i sell at craft fares and the things i sell are sold to adults not children , there is some cheap tack out there but there is also a lot of good quality stuff too

I dont think Graham is aiming his comments at anyone on here, its just an opinion on whats out there in the market., but that can also be said for turning and furniture too as we all know.. Using a scroll saw properly is quite a skill, anyone can cut something out using one but whether it has a quality about it is another matter..

steve

Hi,
Have a look at what "boyse39-Eugene" has to say about this topic, his posting dated 20 Sept.. See "The deed is done so what will I do with the!!" postings.
Gladdens the heart to read positive comments compared to the quite mournful ones on this posting. Seems that there are some rather intense people here.
Good luck.
Bob H.

not intense just honest people bob i think if you look at the post you mentioned you will find plenty of positive comments from me , the the thread started on here about scroll saws being a dying art to promote a healthy discussion but as happens on here some not very well thought out comments are put , and i always will fight my corner thats just the way i am (hammer) then there was some threads put that bear no relation to the orginal question asked by people who turn up later on and drop there sarcastic comments and then dissapear .....oh wait a minute that must be you !!! :mrgreen:

Jacob":1t30y8m6 said:
Gill":1t30y8m6 said:
I wish there were more scrollers on the forums undertaking this sort of applied fretwork but perhaps those with the imagination to do so are too busy doing woodwork :) .
Maybe the scrollers should be doing more woodwork to provide a vehicle for their stuff?
I've got a little davenport with a fretwork arcade very similar design to that little table. I guess if I wanted to copy it I'd be looking at getting somebody to do it for me with CNC. I imagine scrolling or hand fretwork would take many hours.

bit of a strange thread this :) I've just bought a new Hegner basic model and the reason i did so is that someone emailed me asking if I could make 3 small fretted panels for a clock. So I quoted the job, thye accepted and the price they paid, paid for my saw. I was amazed that someone 160 miles from me couldnt find someone to make them some fettted panels - I'm guesing at any price. I have limited experience in fretwork but solid expereince is aspects of woodworking so could do these panels no problem. My conclusion = probably lots of people out there that "can do" but no one knows about them. If you put yourself around, you might feel an increased sense of self worth as you have a skill that people need....

Not sure what point your trying to prove bob but like your previous post on this thread nothing to do with the subject matter.

Just dont like random sarcastic posts thats all but good luck with them

Mark

Latest posts

Back