screwfix today only 18v drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed one of these, thanks for the heads up.

I noticed yesterday that the dewalt batteries that I bought last January don't appear to be holding the charge as well as they should. They have only been charged less than once per week.

Lets see if blue bosch does better.?

It arrived today. Free delivery.

Looks and feels the part.

Time will tell.?

Having used the Bosch a couple of times now, I notice that the light actually illuminates the point where the screw is going, unlike the Dewalt.

Bosch 1
Dewalt 0

artie":300o6nui said:
Grabbed one of these, thanks for the heads up.

I noticed yesterday that the dewalt batteries that I bought last January don't appear to be holding the charge as well as they should. They have only been charged less than once per week.

Lets see if blue bosch does better.?

It's probably because it's only been charged once per week - Li-ion batteries should be kept topped up to work efficiently.

rafezetter":3eq7ut3z said:
It's probably because it's only been charged once per week - Li-ion batteries should be kept topped up to work efficiently.

Source.?

artie":37cf1sn5 said:
rafezetter":37cf1sn5 said:

Source.?

Eriktheviking - we were talking about the issues of batteries and memory fade and other thing only a week ago and he said to me that for the most part memory effect is extremely rare for ni-cads, but that Li-ions should be kept topped up for best performance. This has been evidenced by less used ipods and the like still dying despite being li-ion based because some people only charged them rarely - mine even though it had not had a great deal of use refused to charge at all and required a new battery being fitted. Apparently there comes a point in a li-ions battery when if left uncharged for too long it becomes unrecoverable.

A few months back my phone refused to charge AT ALL even though it's about 14 months old. It got sent away and when it was returned there was an advise slip stating it should be put on charge every single night, and at worst a gap of no more than a week between charges. The phone is from Acer a well known and respected computer manufacturer.

I'm not sure that's quite accurate.

Li-ion shouldn't be allowed to discharge completely, but most have systems to prevent this (the device shuts off before the battery is fully discharged). They don't exhibit "memory" in the same way as NiCads but their lifespan is largely based on the number of charge cycles they undergo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery

This drill is on offer again but for £10 more, still seems a good deal.
Anyone suggest why I shouldn't buy one, except for the fact I've just spent £340 on a bandsaw?

Back