Scottish Woodworking Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightclan

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Scottish Woodworking Show? I've been for the past three years, but was quite disappointed, particularly last year. Had not planned on visiting this year. But since then, I have discovered this fine forum, and thought I might attend, if any members plan on attending.

Brad

Hi Brad, I have never been before but I wouldn't mind going if I am free. Where and when is it?

EDIT, It would help if I looked in the sticky :oops:

Glasgow 16th, 17th, 18TH, March

Cheers

Mike

Brad,

I also went last year, and don't really feel that it inspired me for a return trip this year. That said, I woudn't say I've entirely ruled it out.

Cheers,

Dod

Hi all,

I am going to the show this weekend. Will there be many shops and suppliers there? i'm looking to buy a bandsaw and thicknesser and thought this show would be the best bet for a bargain/discount.

Not a lot of info about it on the net. Can anyone tell me what i can expect?

Thanks

Green":b9c5vwxx said:
Hi all,

I am going to the show this weekend. Will there be many shops and suppliers there? i'm looking to buy a bandsaw and thicknesser and thought this show would be the best bet for a bargain/discount.

Not a lot of info about it on the net. Can anyone tell me what i can expect?

Thanks

I've been to the SECC show a couple of times, last time '04 or '05 I think, nice compact show and very friendly. Biggest problem is that they are very few importers/agents. Nearly all the exhibitors are local(ish) retailers (like the Saw Centre) and there were very few opportunities for obtaining any discount. Having said that I was lucky at the Freud stand and a couple others. Jet Tools UK (Axminster) were also there. Looking over the list I notice these two companies are absent although I see NMA are there although they may be part of The Saw Centre stand. Brimarc were represented by Craft Supplies I think.
It's a nice day out but do some research on the web before you go if you're planning on a biggish purchase.

Sorry to say, after starting this thread, I won't be going to the show. Partly for my reasons stated earlier. Mostly because my family and I will most likely be making a major change in the next few months. If that goes ahead, a visit to the show will be pointless for me.

Brad

Hi

Thanks for the info and the welcome.

Im after a 12" or 14" bandsaw and a thicknesser that can take 300mm boards. I was going to go for Axminster/Jet as these are within my budget and seem to be of reasonable quality.

Think i will go along anyway and see what is on offer.

Thanks again.

Went to the show today - very disappointing. Over the last four years it has become noticably smaller with fewer exibitors and a smaller attendance. Not many bargains and not much new to see. Still, managed to pick up a couple of Veritas goodies - it would have been rude not to buy anything!

Back