Scheppach planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journeyman

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought some hardwood from a lady who lives close by. Unfortunately her husband passed away 3 years ago and she is now clearing his workshop. I bought a band saw and table saw from her but she has a brand new SCHEPPACH HMS2600Ci 240V 250 x 210 PLANER/THICKNESSER WITH BASE AND WHEELS. He bought the machine just before he died and it has never been used at all. She is asking for £450 for it. As you may well know these machines sell new from £800 upwards. I would love it myself but it is too professional a machine for me, and I have'nt got the room for it. It really is in superb condition. If anyone out there is interested PM me and I will give the lady's details to you so you can maybe have a look at it. She lives in Rotherham, South Yorkshire and the buyer would have to arrange transport.
Mick

I think that's underpriced personally. In your position I think I would have to do the decent thing and tell her so.

WellsWood":3fm5i2op said:
I think that's underpriced personally. In your position I think I would have to do the decent thing and tell her so.

I concur - the basic guide for pricing second hand is two thirds of new so you'd be looking at arround £540 assuming its in good nick

If I was in the market for one of these then I'd offer upwards of the £450 asking price via these very pages.

On the flip side, if she is going to sell it for £450 anyway, then it may as well go to someone on these pages who'll appreciate it rather than some shyster who'll pop it on thEbay and stroll of with a tidy profit.

Maybe a member will come forward with an offer.

Nice gesture Mick to help her out.

Regards, Jon

I have done the decent thing and told her and her two sons that it is worth much more than they are asking, but they are happy to part with it for that price. I think they really want to clear the space for other things. Of course if someone was to offer them more for it I'm sure they would be very grateful. She is a really nice lady and I wouldn't like to see her ripped off.
Mick

If i had the cash and the space i'd jump at it and not to resell on ebay either but swimbo would kill me , and it wouldnt fit in the shop anyway

I used to own a similar under and over and found it very good,so I would recommend it.

Back