Scheppach PL55 Guide Rail Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HexusOdy

Established Member
Reaction score
Having read much and watched many Youtube videos on the Scheppach PL55 and it's various clones my biggest concern was the glides on the rails being so close together.

The various other mods such as the spring and depth stop are straight forward but the glides being so close together was a major design flaw, but I went ahead anyway with the plan to remove them and reattach further apart.

So I was quite surprised when I opened the rails to find Scheppach have fixed the problem. The glide that was in the centre of the rail is now over on the far side between the guides, solving the problem of any rocking and saving me a job. I hadn't seen anything online about this so though would let you know. Also no issues with the guide rail connector. Slots in easily and screws tight.

Of course now I have the problem of ordering more rails. Am I going to get the old ones or the new ones?

FYI I ordered mine from Amazon Germany as it works out around £130 delivered, around £30 saving on UK prices. I do this often, especially if your an Amazon Prime member, it often works out cheaper to order from Europe and add a plug adapter. Ordered Friday, arrived Wednesday.

Good see manufacturers make improvements, particularly when the guide rail sliders was an easy fix.

After seeing the YouTube videos of the potential fixes, I almost went for it, but in the end I settled on the Dewalt tracksaw, which is superb (arguably better than the Festool) but almost twice the cost.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I have the parkside which didn't suffer from the guide strip problem. I run mine on the parkside rails which are very good and just recently bought a festool track which is even better.

Just to update.

I asked Scheppach about the new rails so I could buy some extra lengths and they automatically forwarded it to NMA without reading it as I was in the UK.

I explained the situation to NMA and they insisted they had the correct rails to match, sold me a 1.4m length and of course they were the old rails not the new ones.

When I spoke with NMA they attitude was dire. Basically said tough luck, ship it back at my expense if you dont want. I said I explained in detail what I needed and you assured me they would be the right rails so it's your fault but they couldnt give a toss and said they couldn't help any further and they would ask Scheppach to contact me but don't hold my breath.

So I was right, nice the glide strip is fixed but nightmare getting extra rails.

How did you pay NMA if it was a credit card, make a claim, if it was PayPal start a claim in the Resolution Centre.

Mike

Alexfn":283j6kvr said:
Rorschach":283j6kvr said:
How much was the rail? I found the festool 1.4m track to be quite reasonable.

they are not compatible

Ahh I must be getting confused, I thought they were, my apologies. Luckily the parkside is compatible with the festool tracks and I can even join my parkside tracks to my festool track which is very handy as I now have 4 sizes of track available to me, 700, 1400, 2100 and 2800mm

Back