Scary....!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianhabby

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to change the old consumer unit in my rented workshop for sometime now because it had 5 cables going into a two fuse unit. I decided to do the job today and was horrified when I removed the cover and saw this... :cry:

Image036.jpg

Glad I finally checked it

regards

Brian

Guess you haven't had much of a problem with blown fuses,or nuisance tripping of the MCB.s though.... :shock:

Andrew

Well, look on the bright side. Those fuses aren't going to blow in a hurry. But, why have all the lights on this side of town gone out? :duno:

devonwoody":1sfy4zko said:
It makes you realise why they brought in regulations about wiring because of people around like that.

I don't think any amount of regulation is going to stop things like that, least of all regulations like Part P.

Dave

Dave S":146tnc3v said:
devonwoody":146tnc3v said:
It makes you realise why they brought in regulations about wiring because of people around like that.

I don't think any amount of regulation is going to stop things like that, least of all regulations like Part P.

Dave

But changing a rewirable fuse (as opposed to changing the fuse box) is not covered by Part P is it?

Andrew

andrewm":1liuwn4d said:
Dave S":1liuwn4d said:
devonwoody":1liuwn4d said:

Dave

But changing a rewirable fuse (as opposed to changing the fuse box) is not covered by Part P is it?

Andrew

Well its looks like an amendment to Part P is now required :)

Dangerous and unacceptable as it is, it made me laugh!! :D Reminds me of a few fellas using gutter bolts as fuses for welders!! Nothing like going out with a bang!! :?

Geno":3cr6cs7q said:
Dangerous and unacceptable as it is, it made me laugh!! :D Reminds me of a few fellas using gutter bolts as fuses for welders!! Nothing like going out with a bang!! :?

Made me laugh too. I was impressed he used insulated cable for the fuses so at least you won't get a shock when you change one in the unlikely event that it blows.

On the subject of fuses, has anyone else found those 3amp ones really unreliable. I find that the 13amp ones are always a lot more reliable and hardly ever go wrong

Mike

I'm not sure if that is simply rank stupid or death defying!

Roy.

Chris By The River":2mlcuiu9 said:
Sorry, am I missing something?

I can't see what is wrong with those fuses!!!!!!!!

It's obvious isn't it?

They should have used smaller gauge wire in the lighting circuit, common sense really. :lol: :lol:

Back