Saw doctor required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodgermatic

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been given a nice S&J tenon by a friend, my first resharpenable saw. Can anyone recommend a saw doctor who will sort it out for me - ideally in Leicestershire or nearby.

Thanks.

A long while ago I used a place just off Welford road ( south of Vicky park) did a good job.

Will try to find the name & address

Maybe you could twist Tony's arm?

Leicester Saw Blades
63 Morris Rd
Leicester, LE2 6BR
0116 270 9293

Was a long while ago & not a standard service IIRC an old bloke ( only part time) did it during his lunch break.
Did a great job though

Well that not too far if it turns into a wild goose chase
:wink:

Let me know how you get on, I have a saw I tried to retooth & buggggggered up :oops:

Whats wrong with sharpening it yourself. It's not that difficult. I'm sure you can find something on the net to guide you. If not pm me and I will run through it with you.

maltrout512":2kjc7out said:
Whats wrong with sharpening it yourself. It's not that difficult. I'm sure you can find something on the net to guide you. If not pm me and I will run through it with you.

Lovely idea in theory, but the place that does it is a 5 minute walk, and I've been quoted £6. How much would the files and time cost me do you think?

Hi, bodgermatic

And if they bodge it its £6 you could have put towards a file. I have done several including a complete recut, its not difficult and you can keep them touched up working well all the time if you learn to sharpen.

Pete

Racers":1mazr3k9 said:
Hi, bodgermatic

its not difficult
Pete

Don't listen to him Bodge!
He has given me a few lessons and I'm still B*llo&$ing it up

I'm determined to master this black art but its not as easy as this lot are suggesting.

Glad they are still going - twas an interesting place IIRC
Have been meaning to go back but assumed they had shut - no excuse now.

Latest posts

Back