saw blade bush

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livo

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can help me out i have a startrite 145 table saw but finding 5/8 arbor harder and harder to find local so have bought some new 30mm arbor saw blades with bushes to fit my table saw arbor but i need to glue in the bushes to the blade as the cups that bolt the blade to the arbour have a recess in them but i don't have total faith in super glue to do the job so was wondering if anyone could tell me what they use or recommend a good glue to do the job.

You peen the metal to hold them together.

Support the centre of the blade laying it on a block metal that does not touch the teeth. lay the bush in place and with a small pointed punch make small taps with a hammer on the punch near the line between the bush and body of the blade. This with stretch the metal of the bush and jam the bush into the blade. Think of the blade as a clock face, do 12 then 6, 3, 9,1,7,4,10,2,8,5 and 11 and so on, keep working round until the bush is held tightly. then fill in the gaps.
Lots of small well controlled taps rather than heavy blows.

thanks Myfordman will give it a go tomorrow, was told in shop to superglue it in place but but did not think that was the safest way to go.
thanks again.

The bushes should be a tight fit in the blade, failing that superglue is fine (degrease the surfaces first)
I would be concerned that unskilled peening could distort the blade - particularly the flimsy thin kerf ones
Matt (20+ years on the TA145)

You shouldn't really need to glue it in. The bush is there to centre the blade which is gripped by the edges of the (recessed) flanges. The recesses should be deep enough to make sure it is the rims which grip, but shallow enough that the reducer can't fall out of place. If you really need to fix it, a few drops of superglue will do just fine, or use a drop of epoxy - just be sure everything is clean.

Latest posts

Back