Saved from the stove

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procell

Established Member
Reaction score
A neighbour of mine has a wood burning boiler and I have noticed over the years that he does not seem to be using his pile of logs that have been stacked under cover in his garden. By chance he was washing his van the other day when I returned home with some wood and we got chatting about my new hobby. The upshot was within a few minutes I was searching through his wood pile for likely timber to turn.

I have finally got round to turning a couple of pieces from what I believe is sycamore. The funny thing is I did not start out with any intentions of making a matched pair but the finished bowls are almost exactly alike.

I will be donating them to him to say thanks for the timber.
pair1.jpg

pair3.jpg

pair2.jpg

pair4.jpg

pair6.jpg

pair7.jpg

Attachments

• pair1.jpg
    pair1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 922
  • pair3.jpg
    pair3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 922
  • pair2.jpg
    pair2.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 922
  • pair4.jpg
    pair4.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 922
  • pair7.jpg
    pair7.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 922
  • pair6.jpg
    pair6.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 922
I got some of my best spalted wood from a neighbours wood pile before we left England.

I always make something for anyone who gives me wood. They have always been chuffed to bits to see it go from firewood to a turned bowl, etc.

They are nice looking bowls and he will be really pleased that he gave you the wood!!

Back