Sander - is there a hook/loop reverser pad?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerryGunn

Established Member
Reaction score
I've acquired a large box of 125mm Bosch mesh sanding discs but it appears that the hook & loop backing is the wrong gender for my sander - they'll attach quite happily to the backs of my other sanding discs but not to the sander itself.

Does anyone know of pads that will reverse the hook & loop interface i.e. pads with hooks on both sides / loops on both sides?

I had a similar experience with some mesh discs on a small bowl sander, wouldn't stick at all. Then felt a bit silly when I turned the discs and the other side stuck perfectly .

That seems like an idea but wouldn't it stop the dust extraction through the mesh?

The Bosch discs are P320 so I'd want to ensure that any glue up is very flat - suppose I could clamp them between pieces of wood....

I think the problem has just been solved - I've received a txt from the guy who gave them to me and it looks like he gave me the wrong box. He has an old air sander that uses the opposite attachment type (don't know if my sander has hooks and the discs have loops or vice versa) and, at some point, he'd bought the wrong ones and offered them to me - but gave me the box that works with his air sander rather than the box that doesn't (if that makes sense)

Latest posts

Back