Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 phone - unreliable

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Now waiting for my fifth.

Phone 1 - faulty in that the display brightness would go to minimum randomly. Made guessing where to touch the screen to restore the brightness a challenge.

Phone 2 - replacement DOA

Phone 3 - faulty Wi-fi

Phone 4 - replacement just received DOA

Phone 5 - arriving tomorrow

Should have got an iPhone. :evil:

Got the wife a Galaxy Ace (not the Ace 2) for £75 sim free (new) and not had any issues whatsoever. My own S2 has no issues.

The Ace 2 - maybe a faulty batch?

Dibs

Dibs-h":1uqgcw5v said:
Got the wife a Galaxy Ace (not the Ace 2) for £75 sim free (new) and not had any issues whatsoever. My own S2 has no issues.

Likewise, although it's 'girlfriend' and 'S1' in my case. It's good to know the models to avoid, though...!

(I heard the iPhone was having a bit of a rough time overheating and eating people's batteries of late, maybe not the best choice of alternative!)

Out of curiosity I was looking at a list of icons and the icon I was getting was that of Flight Mode. So I put it all back together and this time the network bars were there instead of the flight mode symbol. Only now there was another icon that meant No SIM (yes, it was in...and the right way round!)...so it's duff.

Not having a good couple of days.....first the CD player, now the phone....trouble in threes?

Quick Roger buy something disposable? :)

My iphone5 has been working fine even with the latest upgrade 6.1

Rod

I thought with the way apple knock out different iphones they were disposable :wink: FWIW my GF has had trouble with her galaxy ace - it keeps 'forgetting' things, and other misc OS problems.

My Galaxy Note 2 is superb 8)

RogerS":20uuywn0 said:
Should have got an iPhone. :evil:

Samsung supply both the memory and processes for iPhones and iPads, so not really the brand change you'd hope for. I'm afraid the real truth is that the Ace is a budget phone and you get what you pay for!

RogerS":29bzenq3 said:
Out of curiosity I was looking at a list of icons and the icon I was getting was that of Flight Mode. So I put it all back together and this time the network bars were there instead of the flight mode symbol. Only now there was another icon that meant No SIM (yes, it was in...and the right way round!)...so it's duff.

Not having a good couple of days.....first the CD player, now the phone....trouble in threes?

And wouldn't you just know it :evil: Stuck a DVD into the surround sound system tonight and it now won't eject. I hate ******* technology!

RogerS":1jo5xzdu said:
RogerS":1jo5xzdu said:

And wouldn't you just know it :evil: Stuck a DVD into the surround sound system tonight and it now won't eject. I hate ******* technology!

Roger,

I believe CD and DVD players usually have a pin hole (close to the eject button) through which you can poke a suitable poker to encourage the drive to eject ... HTH

Dave

The iOS 6.1 update is reportedly only affecting some 4S iphones, with vodafone advising customers not to upgrade the iOS yet. Apple of course are saying nothing..... info taken from the tech blog on the BBC news website.

Steve

Sportique":348537eg said:
RogerS":348537eg said:
RogerS":348537eg said:

Roger,

I believe CD and DVD players usually have a pin hole (close to the eject button) through which you can poke a suitable poker to encourage the drive to eject ... HTH

Dave

Thanks Dave...I powered down and back on then gave it a good talking to. Finally ejected itself. Not without a struggle. I fear that our surround system is on its last legs. It is old and I've already replaced the electronics box (with DVD player etc) twice with secondhand units from eBay. Trouble is that it was a package system and the loudspeakers have a very low impedance so few amplifiers will drive them. That means it's a total rebuy of the lot and TBH I'm not sure surround sound is worth it. I'm never aware of any sound coming from the rear speakers on films....but maybe it's the sort of films we tend to watch !

Well, Samsung Ace 2 has the same wifi problem. Despite having Notifications set to Off, all the time this bloody screen keeps popping up with new wifi networks...always when you are doing something on the phone.....Orange's recommendation was to switch off the wi-fi. !!!

I have a galaxy ace 2 thingy....its currently sat in the drawer on the computer desk as it has forgotten how to charge itself or switch on ...i have had nothing but trouble with the damn thing since i have owned it and am now back on my trusty samsung b2100 unbreakable housebrick!!

Latest posts

Back