Sam Robinson - Rest In Peace

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Simon Alistair ("Sam") Robinson was born on Feb. 2nd. 1968. Within the past ten years there was no British tree-climbing title that he didn't hold (many several times) and when he represented his country in the World Championships, he ranked fourth - the highest position ever attained by a British climber - maybe it still is.

I only knew Sam for around five years and our friendship was initiated by his falling for my daughter, Julia. They became engaged on December 25th. 2004 at the Grand Canyon (part of their Christmas vacation).

Julia and Sam married on December 9th. 2006 - a wonderful day in the Conwy valley in North Wales (near Eglwysbach, where they lived).

js.jpg

Tragically, Sam passed away on January 27th. 2007 due to a particularly virulent and malignant form of melanoma. He was cremated on February 1st. - one day short of his 39th. Birthday. Well over 100 climbers attended from all over the UK to pay their respects. My daughter is numb with grief, as are Sam's parents, his elder brother Andrew, Jean and myself.

Here's Sam in 2003, winning at Highclere, UK:

wc09.jpg

Rest in peace, dear Sam.

Thanks for listening.

Ray.

I expect a few tears were shed when you wrote that lovely epitaph Argee.

God let him rear in peace, condolences to your daughter and your family.

Very sorry to hear such sad news Ray. I know what it is like to lose a family member but not one so young I am glad to say. It is tragic that someone with their whole life ahead of them are so suddenly taken away from us. My condolences to all the family mate. :cry:

Very sad news. I am very sorry for you loss. My Condolences to your and your family.

RIP

Condolences to you and your family Argee, your daughter must be bereft at the moment, only hope she can come to terms with the loss and be consoled by those brief but happy memories.

ray, please accept my condolences, cut off in the prime of life just like my best mate 38 yrs old. god bless you all.

Very sad Ray. My condolences to you and your family

Regards

Ray m

M condolences to your daughter, i hope she recovers in time. Seeing him in the photo, i am reminded of a 'tear in kew' and the tree gang - my favourite characters

I was diagnosed with the same condition about 2 years ago and 2 weeks later went under the knife; just the news was devastating for my wife and kids. When I got the all clear a year ago, the relief was immense

I really feel for you and your daughter

What a tragic loss. Your tribute was very moving, Ray. My condolences to you and your family.

Gill

May I add my condolences also Ray. A very sad event for your whole family. My deepest heartfelt sympathy.

God Bless.
I have disabled my signature for this post, as it would seem inappropriate at this time.
Sliver.

Ray

Sad, sad news indeed. Our thoughts are with you and the families especially your daughter.

T

Latest posts

Back