Sad day for music...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileytoolworks

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard the sad news today that Pete Seeger has died.
I know he was 94, but he seemed like one of those people who would be with us forever.
He is a hero of mine. I wish I had a tenth of the courage or conviction this fine man displayed throughout his life.
Even though I only heard him on recordings, I shall miss him in some way. I truly think the world lost someone special last night.
The title says Sad day for music, but I think it is a sad day for the world in general.
Rest in peace Pete. You've earned it.

Adam.

Sad news indeed, although he had a pretty fair run and leaves a great legacy.

K.

MMUK":1zm6mhkd said:
I'll be honest, I'd never heard of him until it was on the news earlier :?

I guess you are probably a relative youngster, then. :lol: :lol:

If you were around in the 1960's you would have known about him. He wrote the "classic" songs "Turn! Turn! Turn!" and "If I had a Hammer" amongst many others and was a leading light in the protest song movement of the 60s. Sad to see him go, but 94 is a pretty good age.

I recognise the songs but did not know the name. I was certainly around in the 60s but guess we didn't a;; have the same type of childhood. :)

Many, many years ago, a friend of mine admitted to liking a song he referred to as "If I had a hammer and you were a lady".
Make up your own jokes. I'm scared of being censored for bad taste.

Pete Seeger ; wrote some great songs, changed the world for the better, lived by his principles.

That's not bad at all. Celebrate the life!

BugBear

Back