Sabre 350 table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodypk

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

The small plastic insert in my Record Sabre 350 has gotten increasingly dished over the last couple of years and now it’s not giving the wood much support on the back end and allows the wood to “lean” into the dish when cutting small pieces. It Also increases the ragged-ness of the back side due to less material support.

Has anyone come across this and if so, what did you do? Did you make a new one from another material or did you replace the black plastic one with a new piece of the same?

I’ve not done anything to cause the disc to dish but it just seems to have sagged over time.

I’m thinking of making one out of aluminium. Has anyone gone down this route?

Cheers,
Tom.

I made a replacement from a piece of thick nylon (I think) chopping board - £2.50 from Tescos and there is probably enough material for 20 inserts.

Turned to size on wood lathe.

Sounds like a good idea. I have a 1/2inch thick piece of hard plastic that seems quite rigid. I'll try that and if that doesn't work I'll try some think like Aluminium or something similar.

Back