S.Good Santa's Sleigh

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodndrum

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_20131226_171604.jpg

A great pattern, turns out a neat sweet/candy dish all from an A4 plan. This is cut from solid dark birch resawn to 5mm

Attachments

• IMG_20131226_171604.jpg
    IMG_20131226_171604.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 922
Keith , me mind boggles at how you scrollers can go about that type of work , it must be nerve wrecking doing the last few cuts .

I don't know if I have welcomed you ,but just in case ,welcome . and thanks for posting .

Exactly what Eugene said. The last half of the cutting must contain some butt clenching moments! Beautiful finished job though.
Do you have to follow round and sand all the cuts when it is done? That must be a tedious job too.
Oh and welcome to the forums! :D

If you use a fine enough blade, that eliminates most sanding on the internal cuts. A careful circular rub on some 240grit gets the patter residue and the fuzz off the bottom face. There is no finish on this one, it was pressed into immediate service as soon as the glue dried! I'm lucky to have a 14inch band saw, so I can resaw endless quantities of solid wood up to 12 inches wide for projects like this.

Have to say Keith, I'm really impressed with that & that sort of thing is what gave me the inspiration for a scroll saw!, fantastic!.

Excellent work Keith!
Especially given that you went with solid wood over the more safe (cutting wise) option of Birch ply.

Thanks for your comments Keith.
I've been toying with the idea of buying a scroll saw for a while now and I think the time when I part with some cash is getting ever closer.

Back