Ryobi ERT-2100V 1/2" router -has anyone got one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddsocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 1/2" router and flicking through the Axminster Offers paper that arrived recently see that this one is on offer at £109.99 (Screwfix it's £139.99). There are a few reviews on the screwfix page and generally it's well received other than the dust extractor fitting being flimsy.

No-one has actually commented on how comfortable it is to use and how 'safe' it feels.

I have seen the many posts on the DWs, Makitas etc but I wouldn't be using it that often to justify the dearer models, but also don't want to wreck a 60mm piece of maple that I will be machining. I have an old cheap Erbauer 1/2" bought for one kitchen fit and I would never use it again due to erratic 'soft' start and collet slip.

The axmister offer goes to the end of June so I have time to seek opinions :)

Thanks

Dave

Dave
I asked the same question several weeks ago but no answers came back.
Seeing they are mid price range I would have thought someone would own one.....
Will be monitoring the post....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
mike

Hi,

Actually I bought this router to use in my table 2 weeks before the offer came on :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I am very pleased with it, there is plenty of power for all the tasks I have used it for and the LEDs are actually quite useful, I was sceptical about how they would perform.

regards

michael

oddsocks":27prtbaj said:
Thanks Michael - what's your view on the dust extraction and smoothness of the plunge?

I have one. Not bad for the price as it's powerful enough for pretty much anything.

The plunge is quite smooth but you have to keep even pressure as it tends to jamb if you just press with one hand.

The dust extraction is disappointing and tends to clog very easily.

You get what you pay for and it's good value but not as nice as the more expensive makes.

Cheers
Mike

Latest posts

Back