Ryobi 12" sliding combination mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Cochran

Reaction score
It has been a few months since I bought the machine and in truth since I bought it I have not had the need for it much. It does exactlywhat it say on the tin as they say. The cuts are clean, the angle accurate and the movement smooth.
Fine adjustment of the angle is like alot of these machines its trial and error. Could do with some sortof fine adjustment screw so you do not keep going past the mark.
Best tell you what I do not think is good. The dust collection bag is very fiddly to attatch.The nozzle directs the dust at a right angle so it is right up against the side of the bag. Well it would if the thing actually directed any dust there at all! You need a vac.
The trenching adjustment is controlled by what they think is a selling feature. Its a cam with a single tightner. Unfortunately I have found this difficult to adjust and hard to keeptight.On one piece of work I found myself ploughing a deeper furrow than I wanted. I will change this for the normal thread and bolt arrangement.
Apart from that its a good machine with a decent stand for less than £400

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Specification

Powerful and one of the largest cut sizes

Input 230v
Power 1800w
Weight 31 kgs

At zero mitre zero bevel 111.13mm depth 342.9mm width
At 45 deg mitre zero deg bevel 111.13mm depth 241.3mm width