Rycotewood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been beavering away over the past week, and hope to finish this plane by next weekend for you to have a play with.

IMG_6830600x400.jpg

There's a bit of work to do yet, but I'm quite confident that it'll be functional at least, even if I don't manage to apply a finish to the infills.

I'm looking forward to meet everybody, can't wait.

Cheers

Aled

I am - Should be there around 9:30 and plan to do friday morning on the bench not planing a demo thou.

BW
Mike

I was going to be there on Friday but have just found out kids have got a TD day so they off school and I am the nominated child minder for the day. So will now be there Saturday. Every cloud has a silver lining though - trip to the in laws postponed by a day :D

Hoping to be there on Saturday - do you want me to bring my 11SA to compare Aled?

Rod :)

That'd be great Rod. I've done a little more today, and I'm quite happy with the outcome so far. I just need to make and heat treat the iron and I'm done (almost).

Looking forward to put a face to the name.

Cheers

Aled

Almost certainly not coming now chaps :( Unless I wake up Sat morning feeling like a 2 hour drive...

wizer":3102n7e6 said:
Almost certainly not coming now chaps :( Unless I wake up Sat morning feeling like a 2 hour drive...

ah well - at some point next week ive got to go to reigate to pick up thems plane blades from brian - if blister has got back to me re dropping of his SS i will then be heading for the dartford bridge so i can swing down to you to swap chisels for money on the way past.

failing that the ye olde kentish bashe isnt that far away - tho i appreciate you'd rather have the fundage before then.

btw kent to oxford is considerably more than a 2 hour drive - particularly in a smart car , i'd say closer to three at least.

Be a shame if you can`t make it Tom, multimap say 2 hours for your journey, similar to mine from the looks of things.

Catch you at some point i`m sure.

So, Saturday's getting closer.

I'm quite willing to be on the stand for some/most of the day and will bring along a few planes to play with.

Is anybody else bringing stuff, or putting on a demo? I think that the more variety we can offer, the better. Is there anything you'd like me to bring with me?

Rob - if there's anything I can do to help with arrangements, just let me know.

Cheers

Aled

Aled Dafis":1woert6h said:
So, Saturday's getting closer.

I'm quite willing to be on the stand for some/most of the day and will bring along a few planes to play with.

Is anybody else bringing stuff, or putting on a demo? I think that the more variety we can offer, the better. Is there anything you'd like me to bring with me?

Rob - if there's anything I can do to help with arrangements, just let me know.

Cheers

Aled

Aled - I think there'll be plenty of stuff happening on our bench on Sat and plenty of other stuff to see at the college which will be of interest.

I've just gone down with a chest infection this morning and am off to the quacks later for some snake oil. If I get myself dosed up I ought to be OK for Sat, but if I'm not there, just remind members to doff caps as we'll be amongst elevated company :lol: - Rob

Looking forward to meeting all and everyone at the show.

Please tell me if you are UKW members.

Best wishes,

David Charlesworth.

I am going to drive over on Friday morning and hope to arrive early afternoon. If I can get up early I could call in to see Nigel at Geddington, (English hardwoods) on the way.

There is some sort of family gathering on Friday evening in Kidderminster approx 1 1/2 hrs North so I will have to leave late afternoon.

Look forward to meeting fellow forum members Friday afternoon.

I will bring Ed's plane with me and Robs blokeblade for our display. Rob I hope your feeling better and can make an appearance. I was hoping to be able to sport you that pint. :)

Cheers, Tony.

Are we having a small display area for members work? I could bring along a small camping table but I'm sure we could blag one off the college if needed - Rob

Back