RUTLANDS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ordered a fair amount of tools through Rutlands before,
they have always been delivered quickly and well packaged.
The only thing I would say is that they dont tell you if they are out of stock on an item.
A chap I work with has been waiting for over 6 weeks for a saw base for their quick clamps.
The delivery just turned up with the item missing

MooreToolsPlease":obc2e114 said:
I have ordered a fair amount of tools through Rutlands before,
they have always been delivered quickly and well packaged.

You've obviously been lucky. There are many threads on this forum dedicated to ranting about Rutlands, such as this one.

i tried my first rutlands order 2 days ago. first item was not in stock (rousseau router plate) with £5.95 delivery i cancelled the complete order. tried axminster all in stock AND all cheaper than rutlands AND cheaper than last years axminster catalogue. all the axminster items are made by rousseau as well a respected american make the rutlands are dakota chinese products.

I tried my first order with Rutlands - Rob Cosman DVD at the advertised price of £15.95 and some dividers. A day later got a call from them to say that the DVD was not in stock and would take approximately 1 week. I was offered the chance to cancel the order or wait. As I was away for a few days I chose to wait.

On my return found an email advising that the Rob Cosman DVD's are no longer a stock item and that my dividers had been dispatched with a reduction of postage to £2.50 due being sent normal post. I sent an email back immediately saying wished to cancel order - not even had the courtesy of a reply - dividers duly arrived!

I see that the DVD is still being offered at the same price on their website nearly 10 days after being informed that it was no longer a stock item.

I must say that this first experience has put me off dealing with this company.

I've had mixed experiences - they are fine as long as the item is in stock, and there are no hiccups. That's 9 out of 10 ten orders.

As soon as you have to encounter their customer service department, it all falls apart and it becomes apparent that they don't understand the meaning of 'customer' or 'service', unfortunately. That was the other one.

I've had a few orders from them and never a problem. Ordered an Xtreme Xtension recently and they told me at the time it was out of stock. They promised 2 weeks, I got it in 1.

Martin

I have had a lot of dealings with Rutlands and up to now they have been fine.Any out of stock gear was sent as soon as they received it and without a postage charge.I agree that Axminster are cheaper in the long run but I only tend to buy stuff that Rutlands has on offer.

I would hold fire before ordering from Rutlands and would recommend reading/searching for testimonials on here.

I've also had rubbish service from them, and they have a very snidey untruthfull air about them in terms of taking money for goods they don't stock, and they lie to you when to expect the items, and then do almost everything they can to stop you from getting a refund in good time.

If you do order from them, bear this in mind.

Back