Rutlands precision scroll chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham,

I've seen the SP offer on axminster all right, but none in stock, if it comes into stock I'd seriously consider getting it, but cash flow is a problem at the moment (Isn't it always :roll: )

The Rutlands chuck is compatible with supernova jaws according to this user comment:

Name: John J. Rating: 5/5
Excellent chuck. It also accepts all of the Supanova Jaws - even better.5 out of 5

Looks good Adrian... enclosed design, unlike the supanova/axmin K10

Just re-read the blurb... two thread adapters!!

i read your post a while back asking about a cheap chuck.
there are some cheap chucks out there but it sounds like you are looking for something better.
if you do get a cheap chuck it is the best thing in your life for about a month untill you want some new jaws for smaller or bigger projects.
to be honest mate i would really consider looking a vicmarc or a supanova chuck as they have both have loads of kit to go with them and vicmarc do several different models so it goes on and on.
happy hunting mate goodluck.
jon

Hi Graham,

Re you comment:

Just re-read the blurb... two thread adapters!!

It's Monday and I'm a bit slow, do you mean that this could be a limitation? I have a Record Power lathe so it would suit mine.

Hi Jon,

I decided to get a good chuck that would be good value for money, while I have seen comments that the price doesn't vary too much for the good ones, I've seen some notable variation. I've also seen some alternatives which look good. I'm going to start another thread to summarise what I've learned about the various chucks so far.

Having two thread adapters is a good thing

One will fit yur Record and the other fits e.g. Axminster range and some others. Should you change lathes at any point it could be useful + good from the resale point of view.

I look forward to your comments on the chuck

Back