Rutlands new belt bobbin sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an ebay shop called trizeik selling 10 packs for £8.49 too.

I'm going to try them from an ebay shop called mids-tools who has 20 pack of mixed grits for £24.99.

Might not be so easy to find someone with the bobbin sander sleeves in the right sizes as a pack.

Machine mart do the bobbin sleeves at quite a reasonable cost. Not sure they will fit your sander though as they are designed for the bobbin only sander (like the Rutlands bobbin only version). Worth checking out the sizes though.

Thanks Pike, DiscoStu!
Trizeik seem good value at around 85p for a belt, though took a little searching on Fleabay
Also found some 50x115 sleeves and ordered those
Will have another look at Machinemart offerings, though the multi packs seem to include a 75mm sleeve as per their own machine.
Also noted that spindle lengths vary...all part of the fun

Hi,

After having the sander for a little while are you still happy with it, I'm currently considering this sander or if i should get a regular bobbin sander.

best regards,

John

John,

Sorry for late response and it won't be much use as I've only been to the shed about twice since I bought it..

It seems fine. Bit noisy. The bobbin bit is the one I can see myself using most. Haven't found a need for the belt bit yet but that may change.

Carl.

Back