Rutlands 10% off everything + Free UK Delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got myself a Quangsheng No3 for £54.

Their site (checkout) doesn't work with Firefox - I had to phone and place the order. Still got the offer though.

Cheers

Karl

Seems to apply on top of their current 'sale' prices too!

I know they are not everyone's favourite supplier but some of their stuff is the same as Axi and this offer makes it cheaper.

So come on Axminster - how about some discount codes from you as well?

Bob

Karl, don't want to do the proverbial on your bonfire but........ I think youve got a Qiangsheng :

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tool...3-smoothing-plane-made-by-qiangsheng-tool-co.

from Rutlands as opposed to the Quangsheng that mathhew does at WSH:

http://workshopheaven.com/cgi-bin/c...Plane&cat=QS&catstr=HOME:Planes+&+Scrapers:QS

I may be wrong but i looked at the Qiansheng block from rutlands and thought it was a bargain until I compared it with the Quansheng block from WSH and noted the price difference.

I may be wrong but the 2 do look quite different.

regards

Vinny

Vinny - I think the one sold by WH is the latest incarnation - version 4?

The Rutlands one appears to be identical to that reviewed by Alf here.

Cheers

Karl

Edit - interestingly, WH are still selling the original Quangsheng - looks the same as the Rutlands one to me.

This came at just the right time for me, I need a 1/16th slot cutter and I've been racking my brains for a way to do the job without it. This just pushed me over into 'ah, well it *is* a bargain' territory :)

Karl":3tac1qyx said:
Vinny - I think the one sold by WH is the latest incarnation - version 4?

The Rutlands one appears to be identical to that reviewed by Alf here.

Cheers

Karl

Edit - interestingly, WH are still selling the original Quangsheng - looks the same as the Rutlands one to me.

they are the same as the Mk1s from WSH , rutlands just cant spell.

by the way with regard to discounts from axminster, if i'm buying any sizeable quantity I always just ask , and usually get between 5% and 10% - course you have to ask the main monkeys like richard and Ian as the geezers on the tils arent authorised to do deals.

The plot thickens...........

Just received my plane. And it's got the "Chinese Rosewood" handles of the later models, rather than the stained grasswood ones. But it has the older lateral adjuster. Not sure whether the lever cap is the new variety - looks less bling than on the Rutlands website.

Anyway, quality plane for £54.

Cheers

Karl

are those bench cookies any good ???

Sorry couldnt wait :D went and ordered set of cookies and a t slot cutter. They do look handy ive been meaning to buy a router mat for ages but these seem better as they lift the work up off the bench which the mat doesnt do.

Just as good as cutting up old or cheap table tennis bats.
In the past I have just bought the rubber from ebay for similar jobs.

Bob

Hand has been hovering over the add to basket icon of the worksharp3000 all day....

Can't really justify it but would be damn pleased with it....

selly":129xxsu4 said:
Hand has been hovering over the add to basket icon of the worksharp3000 all day....

Do it. Superb kit. HTH 8)

Mattty":1gat0i06 said:
selly":1gat0i06 said:

Do it. Superb kit. HTH 8)

I to have been humming and haring about getting one of these for months. With the discount, freebies, the offer code and now your comment, it has pushed me over the edge!!!! ( Even got SWMBO approval - so cant be bad!!)

new toy!! Weeee!!!

Hows that for great service I ordered Late Thursday so didnt expect the stuff to arrive Friday, got a dispatched email last night then 5 minutes ago my cookies and router cutter dropped through my letter box :D I thought I would get them Monday as it says next working day.

Latest posts

Back