Ruddy Hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Roy,
The Villa is who you've drawn, but:

You have to beat Leeds first! :wink:

The biggest crowd I was in numbered 72,000 plus at Villa Park v Wolves, in the late 40s. (Without researching on the web I can't be sure of the date.) It was so tight in that crowd, you could barely lift your arms to eat your pie. (Which you brought to the match yourself.)

As a nipper of course, I was down towards the front of the terracing, in the 'well', with my eyes just above pitch level, so I well recall close views of the likes of Shackleton, Milburn, Mannion, Lawton, and Co., thundering towards me at the Witton End. (As you say, in those days you could mix with away supporters without problem.) I do remember Rimmer, but I can't place his 'time-slot'. Nigel Sims was the man, during the period of my real 'football awareness'. :mrgreen:

They really were the days. So here's to a damn good Cup-Tie, and may the best team win.

John :D

woodstainwilly":563g2104 said:
theartfulbodger":563g2104 said:
woodstainwilly":563g2104 said:
Football pitches are a wast of good building land.
They built on the Dell in Southampton :mrgreen:
I bet thet have trouble trying to score there now then. :mrgreen:
Probably, but they didn't demolish the Dell before they built the St Mary stadium (or whatever it's called today). Otherwise Southampton wouldn't be top of the championship...

Where exactly is Southampton? :mrgreen:

(Actually, it's the place where I first got absolutely smashed; on Rum!) 8)

John :wink:

Benchwayze":3g7a1qqw said:
Well Roy,
The Villa is who you've drawn, but:

You have to beat Leeds first! :wink:

So here's to a damn good Cup-Tie, and may the best team win.

John :D

We already have.... here's Henry celebrating the winner!!
gun__1326191799_Henry-Wenger.jpg

We play Villa @ 4PM Sun 29th. Live on ESPN!

Attachments

• gun__1326191799_Henry-Wenger.jpg
    gun__1326191799_Henry-Wenger.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 298
Back