Router table sled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

So, I needed a sled for the router table and, as you know me, I don't like to spend too much time and money for special hardware (that usually we don't have in Poland).

The sled is made of 3 mm plywood, the runner is a strip of "Floor panel" and the fence is some laminated plywood strip.

I used only Super glue so the construction took very short time.

On the 7th pic that you see my old hand pressing the sled for gluing the fence, I actually pushed with my legs but it was difficult to take a pic...

The sled is good only for the bit diameter that was used for construction or smaller (I used 10 mm dia bit).
If you want to use it for bigger dia bit, just route it again with the new bit.

Bad idea, please go here for a better one
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... highlight=

Regards
niki

Nice
But you must have great Super Glue! All that I can stick with it is rubber and fingers and eyelids.

Excelent,
I actually made one of these a couple of weeks ago. Good to know I did it right, it's almost identical to yours :)

I haven't added the hold down clamp, but it's a great idea, i'll do that soon. I've been using a speed clamp thing to clamp the workpiece to the fence.

Another useful jig Niki. I made a smaller version of the sled because my router is set nearer the front of the table and I added a toggle clamp as a hold-down. It works well as a tenoning jig. Like John though, I am not happy about using super glue. I have never found it to be very "super". I realise that you need something other than regular wood glue if you are using laminated board for the fence, but I would definitely reinforce it with a few screws.

Thank you so much for your kind words

From my experience with Super glue since more that 20 years, when I was in the "Radio control flying models" hobby, there is super glue and there is Super glue and it reflect in the price.

I'm using the Titebond Super glue. I noticed that it's much better and faster from the more cheaper "imitations".

Anyway, I recommend using it only as temporary "holding device" and add some more reliable fasteners as screws.

Thanks again
niki

Back