Router table mobile dust port

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made them :)

I order 100m dia mild steel rods from ebay, drilled and tapped the screw holes for the leather handles. I haggled at a shopping mall with a belt maker for the leather :)
Wuffles":7u9znsr4 said:
Where'd you get those gorgeous weights?

stuffimade":2oy3taad said:
I made them :)

I order 100m dia mild steel rods from ebay, drilled and tapped the screw holes for the leather handles. I haggled at a shopping mall with a belt maker for the leather :)
Wuffles":2oy3taad said:
Where'd you get those gorgeous weights?

Of course, I'm on it now.

Subscribed too btw.

Thanks!!!
I do a lot of planning and design using SketchUp in the evenings, and this last month i have had an extra day as my wife is going to Dubai with a girlfriend and i will have the kids for 5 days, three of which they will be in school and i will be in the garage! cant wait :)

biskit":1w61r8ll said:
Nice job, l don't know how you manage all the jobs you get done in just two days a month. :mrgreen:

Peter Sefton":3h2x9c8k said:
The weights caught my eye too, great clean idea.

Cheers Peter

+1, I'm pinching that idea. Useful amount of weight with a relatively small footprint.

I must admit, I did wonder how your channel would pan out when you first joined this forum. I have to say (for what it's worth), it's very well done and you clearly know and enjoy what you are doing - that comes through in the videos.

(My only comment - change, reduce or drop the music, very samey and it doesn't add to the content in my lonely opinion).

Look forward to your future videos.

Thanks for the comments! i think you are right about the music, it has not felt right, apart from the bench teaser video maybe, i think i will take your advice!

shed9":3rth06ha said:
+1, I'm pinching that idea. Useful amount of weight with a relatively small footprint.

I must admit, I did wonder how your channel would pan out when you first joined this forum. I have to say (for what it's worth), it's very well done and you clearly know and enjoy what you are doing - that comes through in the videos.

(My only comment - change, reduce or drop the music, very samey and it doesn't add to the content in my lonely opinion).

Look forward to your future videos.

Out of interest, what sort of weight are you getting from 100mm diameter per whatever length you are using? I can figure out what cuts I would like my steel supplier to make for me before delivery then. I don't have hours to spend cutting that kind of bar to length :)

I have a number of weights to make for holding patio doors open and stuff like that.

Gracias.

I think the 100mm dia by 200mm is about 12kg

Wuffles":27f4rhw7 said:
Out of interest, what sort of weight are you getting from 100mm diameter per whatever length you are using? I can figure out what cuts I would like my steel supplier to make for me before delivery then. I don't have hours to spend cutting that kind of bar to length :)

I have a number of weights to make for holding patio doors open and stuff like that.

Gracias.

stuffimade":2ei0yvj9 said:
I think the 100mm dia by 200mm is about 12kg

Wuffles":2ei0yvj9 said:

Gracias.

Beautiful, cheers.

Wuffles":16buxg48 said:

Gracias.

Something like this may help, will allow you to decide ballpark area of weight you want.

http://www.onealsteel.com/calculators.html

shed9":3nlqnaes said:
Wuffles":3nlqnaes said:

Gracias.

Something like this may help, will allow you to decide ballpark area of weight you want.

http://www.onealsteel.com/calculators.html

My Wife's logic would be that silver is heavier, so we'll use that instead.

Latest posts

Back