Router Table Insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypo

Established Member
Reaction score
As title says where best place looked at Rutlands and Axminster. Also where to get standard T track need quite a bit for router table and mitre saw stand but seems way over priced. Any help appreciated
cheers

I'm very happy with the aluminium plate from Tilgear. If you're planning to use large panel raising cutters though (3"), be aware that the aperture in the middle isn't large enough for this. I have found that the grub screws (used to level the plate) can vibrate and move when the router is running (particularly with larger cutters). To solve this, I'm gonna take Steve Maskery's advice and hold them permanently with LocTite, a thread-locking compound. :wink: I might just see how the lower strength stuff goes to start with, in case I ever decide to mount it in another table.

If you want router inserts, loads of T-track and other router goodies give this bloke a ring (I forget his name) at Wood Workers Workshop. He stocks loads of Incra (T-track galore) and Woodpeckers gear (router lifts) and is a really friendly guy to deal with.

His website is hopeless at showing his actual stock and you can't order online but he seems to have most things that are on the Incra and Woodpeckers sites. Saves importing it yourself.

Yes I was going to suggest Roger Phebey of WWW but I just find ordering from him a PITA. I'm really not sure why he is reluctant to have a proper website.

I've never ordered from him but I did enquire about the router plates he stocks a few months ago and got a very nice e-mail response with a price list and recommendations.

The Incra and Woodpeckers inserts he stocks do look good but the Tilgear one is a lot cheaper.

Roger's a lovely bloke. But if at 5am on a Sunday morning or 11:pm on a Wednesday night I feel like ordering some incra T-Track, I'm forced to use Rutlands. I know it's good to talk, but spending 20mins on the phone to make a small order isn't very 21st Century IMO

Back