Router Elevators

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone any experience or plans for a self build router elevator.
I think around £250+ for something fairly basic is a bit much, so if anyone has any ideas or working plans I would be greatfull. :-k :-k

there are ways around it- some may or may not be suitable, depending on your setup/desire

buy a router with through table adjustment- use your existing for other tasks, so hopefully offsets the purchase price a bit.
bottle jack arrangement
use something like the draper or (expensive) bosch with a fixed base. To change bits, just remove the motor, and slot back in after.
hinge the top of the router table.

other than that, i cant really help you. Woodgears do one- no idea if it is good or not, although his stuff usually gets favourable reviews.

marcros":18rmbyy8 said:
buy a router with through table adjustment- use your existing for other tasks, so hopefully offsets the purchase price a bit.
Best idea.

By the time you've paid for a lift and fiddled about installing it you'd be better off getting one that has the function built in. Triton do a nice one and it comes complete with "through the table" winding handle.

Latest posts

Back