Rotex 90 Slat Sanding Pad - Why this shape?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aforjeh

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Rotex, with the slat sanding pad I purchased to reach some awkward areas... it does this well.

However - the shape of the 'hook and loop' section is larger than the v93 sandpaper - there's a rectangular extension towards the rear of the pad.

A quick google didn't reveal that there was a sandpaper variant in that shape... and with the v93 paper, it's left exposed and therefore likely to have the velcro melted off quickly!

Product link : Festool Sanding pad LSS-STF-RO90 V93/6 online
Part: 496803
1674579474284.png

Does anyone know why it's that shape?

I have a 90 Rotex with the delta sander type head, now I've looked at this I cant say I'm any the wiser, and have never seen this as an option, I see it's for slat sanding, so must be a different shape, the one on my 90 has a sacrificial pad and the abrasives fit perfectly, I just checked to make sure, festool confusion rules apply.

I don't have the slat attachment for my RO 90, but I think the intent is to use just the first half of the sanding pad to get into the tight areas between slats. When the sandpaper wears out, rotate the paper to a new point and resume sanding.

I have no idea why the hook portion on the attachment extends past the contact area for the V93 paper.

I don't have the slat attachment for my RO 90, but I think the intent is to use just the first half of the sanding pad to get into the tight areas between slats. When the sandpaper wears out, rotate the paper to a new point and resume sanding.

I have no idea why the hook portion on the attachment extends past the contact area for the V93 paper.

Exactly, you can do the same rotation thing on both (well, with the sandpaper only on the slat sander - paper and pad on the ‘standard’ delta. But there’s more velcro area on the slat one….

Latest posts

Back