rotating hold downs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob_c

Established Member
Reaction score
I found an old Trend catalogue from 1990 and saw some of those rotating anti kickback hold downs ,which are like rubber wheels on a toggle type clamp.They dont seem to sell them anymore ,does anybody know if any body in the UK supplies these.I know they are available in the States but after buying lots of stuff over there,id rather not get anymore nasty customs duty shocks.(they often deliberately?? mistake dollars as pounds in the value on the documents, and so you end up having to hassle them to make a refund on charges)

Have you tried Rutland's? I vaguely remember seeing them in some catalogue over there, and I"m sure it wasn't Axminster, and reasonably sure it wasn't Trend. Rutland's seems to ring a bell somewhere in the back of my mind.

BTW, I know what you mean about customs. The first time I got hit by it, was when my Dad sent a couple of router bits for me to borrow. They were used, and they were to be returned to him after I was done. He put a value of $100 dollars on the customs form, thinking it was the replacement value for insurance purposes. I got hit for the VAT on 100 pounds plus the processing fee or whatever. :evil:

These look like the ones you're talking about. They were also the first thought to pop in to my head too. :)

Pleased to see Rutlands now have an online Stock Status display when you view a product now - that should help to solve one of their biggest problems. :D

They look a good idea, but I'm not shelling out 30 + 10 quid for that!!

Niki, if you are viewing - I throw down a challenge for you to come up with something better :lol: :lol:

Thanks ,yeah, they are identical to the ones ive seen but im looking for the orange wheeled ones which turn /lock in the other direction.Specifically for the radial arm with a moulding head.In the US of course they are half the price.

I got mine from Leichtung Workshops in the US. Not exactly the same, as the wheels cope with a greater range of thickness, and the same wheel can be set free, or anti kickback in either direction, (with no tools)

Hi Lurker

I'm here but I did not want to interfere because Bob_c is looking to buy the "Board buddies" (Google).

I made my Board buddies long time ago but the difference is that the commercial one can rotate only to one direction and by that, prevent a "push back".

With my rollers, the minimum distance between the blade and the rip fence must be 50mm...I don't know about the commercial...

"Hold down rollers"...
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... highlight=

Regards
niki

Back