Roof report for my garage workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Members might recall I had a new roof supplied and fitted back in July this year.
Pleased to report that it has withstood some very heavy rain, storm winds last week and now frost the past three days and it passed all with colours.

Frost and the dreaded condensation are the most welcome changes for me, again this morning no condensation under the roof the main reason being it is has an insulated finish applied at the factory. So can recommend to others interested. (the blurb also covers side walls, but I think noise might be a problem for us)

This was my supplier but the product is available country wide.

http://www.unitedroofingproducts.com/

BTW Old asbestos roof and new roof refitted in one day (30 sq. mtrs.)

excellent, something I'm thinking about, although I'm also thinking about knocking it down and building something better. :)

Blister":253pjk3q said:
John does it keep the garage any warmer ?

Perhaps, but it would be too cold at 8am when I went out there to the freezer to get the caviar in. I reckon it was cooler in the summer perhaps 2 to 4 degrees.

The sheets came in 6 mtr lengths for my job and the driver unloaded by himself and no mechanical equipment and placed on my garage drive. At a pinch the job could have been done single handed if the site and all other things were right. (I metre spacing bearers in my case, 8x2 and concrete block garage walls.)

I only replaced the leaking roof on my workshop a couple of months ago. Everything sound until we got our first severe frosts last week and with me working inside was causing condensation on the breathable felt in spots. Got some 50mm 8x4 foilback kingspan insulation and fitted it between the rafters. So far so good, not enough time yet under it yet but looks good!

Back