Rob Lee's new plough plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dchenard":3bpjfgyh said:
Rob Lee":3bpjfgyh said:
Hi Dave -

Looks like the Plow, Wenzloff saws, and a bunch of other stuff will up about 3:30 today on the website....

Cheers -

Rob

EDT or GMT? :wink:

DC

Hey Denis -

We also did something just for you today.... :shock:

You can now order directly from the store(s) over the web... and pick-it up ... takes about an hour ....

So....you can shop at lunch...
:roll:

Cheers -

Rob

ydb1md":2un80zgm said:
JesseM":2un80zgm said:
Wow :shock: This is the first I heard that LV was selling Wenzloff saws. Congrats MikeW =D> Is it the set of Kenyon saws or is it a different line?

New super-secret line. I've known about it for a bit but the catalog will by my first look at the saws and their particulars.

Hi Dave -

Only three are in the catalogue - there will be 5 online....

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":yf2o0bzk said:
You can now order directly from the store(s) over the web... and pick-it up ... takes about an hour ....

WoooHoooo! I was always making a cart, cutting and pasting the numbers, then faxing in an order to the express desk. This is way easier. My g/f is gonna put a contract out on ya.

PK

Paul Kierstead":3v50v7mu said:
Rob Lee":3v50v7mu said:

WoooHoooo! I was always making a cart, cutting and pasting the numbers, then faxing in an order to the express desk. This is way easier. My g/f is gonna put a contract out on ya.

PK

So will my wife! :shock: :mrgreen:

DC

Rob Lee":3gvdqvoi said:
dchenard":3gvdqvoi said:
Rob Lee":3gvdqvoi said:
Hi Dave -

Looks like the Plow, Wenzloff saws, and a bunch of other stuff will up about 3:30 today on the website....

Cheers -

Rob

DC

Hey Denis -

We also did something just for you today.... :shock:

So....you can shop at lunch...
:roll:

Cheers -

Rob

Well, that has never kept me from going shopping at lunch [-X But it does make life easier... \:D/ :eek:ccasion5:

If Michelle finds out though... [-X (hammer)

DC

Rob Lee":48bo1a75 said:
Ahhh -

Wait 'till we ramp up the sale area....all kinds of uncatalogued, obsolete, or even 1 of a kind stuff...

Y'all'll be dead meat.... :lol:

(can you put two apostrophes in one "word"???)

You mean, like the old tent sales? Boy I miss those 8)

DC

JesseM":1vz3tths said:
Rob Lee":1vz3tths said:
Y'all'll be dead meat.... :lol:

(can you put two apostrophes in one "word"???)
Even in the south this would be frowned upon :lol:

Yes, the proper vernacular would be "you all'll be dead meat."

:roll: :lol:

From Dictionary.com:

(sometimes it's embarrassing to speak American) :oops:

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
you-all (yōō'ôl')
pron. Chiefly Southern U.S.
You. Used in addressing two or more people or referring to two or more people, one of whom is addressed.

The single most famous feature of Southern United States dialects is the pronoun y'all, sometimes heard in its variant you-all. You-all functions with perfect grammatical regularity as a second person plural pronoun, taking its own possessive you-all's (or less frequently, your-all's, where both parts of the word are inflected for possession): You-all's voices sound alike. Southerners do not, as is sometimes believed, use you-all or y'all for both singular and plural you. A single person may only be addressed as you-all if the speaker implies in the reference other persons not present: Did you-all [you and others] have dinner yet? You and you-all preserve the singular/plural distinction that English used to have in thou and ye, the subject forms of singular and plural you, respectively (thee and you were the singular and plural object forms). The distinction between singular thou/thee and plural ye/you began to blur as early as the 13th century, when the plural form was often used for the singular in formal contexts or to indicate politeness, much as the French use tu for singular and familiar "you," and vous for both plural and polite singular "you." In English, the object form you gradually came to be used in subject position as well, so that the four forms thou, thee, ye, and you collapsed into one form, you. Thou and thee were quite rare in educated speech in the 16th century, and they disappeared completely from standard English in the 18th. However, the distinction between singular and plural you is just as useful as that between other singular and plural pronoun forms, such as I and we. In addition to y'all, other forms for plural you include you-uns, youse, and you guys or youse guys. Youse is common in vernacular varieties in the Northeast, particularly in large cities such as New York and Boston, and is also common in Irish English. You-uns is found in western Pennsylvania and in the Appalachians and probably reflects the Scotch-Irish roots of many European settlers to these regions. You guys and youse guys appear to be newer innovations than the other dialectal forms of plural you. See Note at you-uns.
(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

got my order in \:D/ :tool:

and somehow i managed not to order ALL the new saws from MikeW.

money, unlike wood, does not grow on trees [-( :cry:

thanks rob and mike. you make my hobby even more fun.

sparky

ps. the only down side is that i can no longer (once the saws get here) blame my saw for my slightly sloppy joints #-o

ydb1md":1pzeu80l said:
From Dictionary.com:

(sometimes it's embarrassing to speak American) :oops:

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
you-all (yōō'ôl')
pron. Chiefly Southern U.S.
You. Used in addressing two or more people or referring to two or more people, one of whom is addressed.

(really big snip)

Thanks Dave.... now can y'all explain NASCAR to me??? :roll: :lol:

Ps - I can't believe a dictionary would use "newer innovations" :roll:

Rob Lee":293bdk04 said:
Ps - I can't believe a dictionary would use "newer innovations" :roll:

I can, look to its source. :twisted:

And before you all get offended over the pond look at my profile. :lol:

dchenard":3r7pezv3 said:
Rob Lee":3r7pezv3 said:
Hi Dave -

Cheers -

Rob

DC

the Kenyon set is sold by "thebestthings", a very nice company. The backsaw is now at LV's; "divide et impera" :) Haven't seen Mike here the last few days.......

Rob Lee":cdg7wbev said:
now can y'all explain NASCAR to me??? :roll: :lol:

sure...left hand turns done VERY fast and VERY LOUD. its quite an adrenaline rush to watch. and its an excuse to hang out with about 200,000 other roudy fans, while drinking your favorite beverages. :eek:ccasion5:

not the worst way to spend a weekend 8-[

sparky

im just a little curious. :-k

Rob, since you said (im not sure if it was here) that there will be lots of new stuff coming out soon, is there anything else that you can tempt us with :twisted:

a glutton for punishment :oops:
sparky

sparky":3rcmglve said:
Rob, since you said (im not sure if it was here) that there will be lots of new stuff coming out soon, is there anything else that you can tempt us with :twisted:

a glutton for punishment :oops:
sparky

Rob'll be more than happy to provide you with a source of temptation. :lol:

You didn't hear him mention the matched pair of 289-inspired planes? Or are you looking for pics? He's been sorta spare on the pics recently. :p :wink:

Back