Rob Cosman's online workshop Superb!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I see what you mean Mark. It's probably not actually making but instruction and guidance on using the machinery. I'll have a look. I doubt you can make a piece using machines only....although Norm seems to manage it!

He's making furniture using both in the power tool section from what I can see. I dipped into the chest of drawers (107 episodes I think it was). He was using a scraper and in episode 104 he gets a brand new 4 1/2 out and prepares it for use. EDIT: Just watched the Wood River 4 1/2 prep...it took up 3 half hour episodes, which I found disappointing as I'm contemplating buying one. At the end he recommends an after market blade having spent £160 plus on the plane.

If you want to learn furniture making, and have the time to sit and watch and digest, these video's are as close as you will get to an apprenticeship in my opinion, taking into account that you can stop-start the tuition, go and try something and come back to the class and re-watch, and probably contact Rob for some insight into any problems.

Thanks for clearing that up.....do you know if it's possible to download the material once subscribed? As I said, would really like to be able to take some away with me on holiday where there is very limited internet, rgds,

I'm thoroughly enjoying my free month on the Rob Cosman online workshop. I'll be signing up for the hand tool workshop I reckon. I can't justify the time involved in paying for any more.
I just stumbled on this whilst looking round the site. It's an indexed breakdown of what every episode covers, so if you want to re-visit something you saw ages ago, you can find it without scrolling through all the episodes. I'm sure Rob won't mind me putting a screen shot up of the page.

Click on the image to enlarge it.
cosman index.JPG

Attachments

• cosman index.JPG
    cosman index.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 31
Back