Ripple effect when cutting on fretsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought some new blades for my fretsaw but using one today I'm getting a ripple effect on the cut which I've never come across before.

It's a pin end blade from Proxxon though the fretsaw itself is a power craft brand. They are 18tpi blades.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Jennifer

Thanks Mick. I will give that a try. Possibly is the feed rate as I thought the tension was ok - it's quite a high 'ping' when you pluck it.

Are the new blades a different TPI? do you get the ripple regardless of wood thickness?

Jensmith":fzsywxkw said:
It's a pin end blade from Proxxon
Szajs :( >>> From Germany scheisse .
I dislike prooxxon blades . Two years ago when I start scrollin I bought Several types prooxon pin end blade.
You can't cut the board straight
You don't have control of cutting
No precision

JOSEF HAUNSTETTER product great scroll saw blades :mrgreen:

CHJ":2ter9v3i said:
Are the new blades a different TPI? do you get the ripple regardless of wood thickness?

No, they have more tpi. I'm not sure what the old one was or what brand it was as my Dad picked up the scroll saw at the scrapyard and so it was the blade that was in it.

The new one s finer though.

I've not tried it with different thicknesses yet. It didn't produce the ripple on all cuts though.

Back