Rip fences... AGAIN: ARRRRRRRRGH!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a new rip fence for a 305mm 2.2kw saw, the primary use of which will be ripping large pieces of solid wood.

I know this is a widely discussed topic, with many advocates of the Biesemeyer; I agree that these are an elegant and robust solution.

The Axminster fences are often endorsed here, and in fact, I have one which is destined for a bandsaw; it’s a very goodfence for the money, but I’m thinking of something more substantial.

A few other fences get honourable mentions here but these two seem to have it. I’d be happy to make a Biesemeyer, using SM’s plans or otherwise, and have the means to do so; this would be a great fence with little financial cost...

However, I work away a lot, so as satisfying as it can be to make tools and accessories, my priority (within reason) is to have my tools functioning so that I can make the furniture that I wish to make.

With that in mind, has anybody got experience of the iTech fence (or similar) pictured? It’s not cheap, but appears to be of very solid construction and could be a simple, off the shelf solution.

Cheers

775115D3-1CDB-4165-841B-CC4EDC5015F2.jpeg

Back