Rip Blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello i am looking for some advice this time for a good rip blade for my table saw i have a metabo saw with a 315mm blade and ripping mainly oak 50-70mm max, the blade that came with it probably aint the best of quality.

Hiya

You need approx a 28-30 tooth blade at 315mm dia, I use a few makes but quite like Freud as a good blend of quality and price but the Xcaliber brand from Axminster look OK. Also there is a chap on here with a business called Cutting Solutions who can supply at a good price and also advise in more detail. I think his forum name is cuttingsolutions as well.

HTH

I just bought a ripping blade for my TS from Doug @ Cutting Solutions, and it's excellent. Cuts like a knife through butter.

Si.

I bought a Freud 24T blade after a recommendation on here. Was noticeably better than my old blade and gives a very good finish.

Doug,

I have a Coronet Major Table-saw attachment. The saw is set well, and cuts dead square either way. However the 'combo' blade I have fitted at the moment, although fine for cross cutting causes lightweight stock to flutter, when ripping; disconcerting to say the least. I find that going to a coarse rip blade such as a 14 tooth, eliminates this problem. Is it the blade, or is it my saw? Any ideas?

I doubt you'd have anything to fit mind, as the saw has a 5/8 arbor. I refuse to use 30mm bore blades, with reducing washers/bushes, because of a near disaster last time I tried.

Cheers

John :)

Hmmm.
No expert on machines I'm afraid......

Does the blade have 5/8" (15.875 mm) bore or is it actually 16mm
It will make a difference.
What diameter is the flange/lock nut on the spindle?
What diameter blades are you using.
Not sure what you mean by flutter.....

Interested to know what you mean by a "combo" blade.

a correctly fitted bush shouldnt give any problems, I have been fitting them to blades for 25 years.

Back