RH&DR

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Wossat?

Maybe this gives a clue

P1050692.jpg

or this one?

P1050693.jpg

It's the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway...built in 1924..and I last travelled on it when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

We were having a troll around various sawmills and timber merchants in Sussex and Kent and I couldn't resist the urge to revisit.

There is also a small model train exhibition at New Romney. When I saw it again, I thought that my childhood memories were playing tricks as I definitely remembered it as being much larger and in the centre of the room. But this time, it was a smaller layout around part of the room perimeter. A small notice revealed that it had been rebuilt in 1978 which was a bit of a shame as the old layout was fabulous. Well, it was to a six year old :D

This 'six year old' still came away with a smile on his face though!

:D Grew up in Kent so went there a lot, love it still love trains and I am building a live steam garden railway.

Martyn

ah, my other hobby... (I'm a signalman on the SVR, unemployed at the moment as the north end of the line is still closed after being washed away - trains only running Kidderminster to Bewdley at the moment, which I'm not qualified for).

Have been on the rhdr a few times & my small son thinks it's fantastic (so does his dad :wink: )

Latest posts

Back