Replacing belt on Axminster AW10BSB2 Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanN

Established Member
Reaction score
The table saw has been stalling recently, and investigation has shown the drive belt to be shedding material and so reducing the tension. Tightening the belt improves is slightly for a while.

Has anyone replaced the belt, and does it have to be an Axminster replacement part?

The concern is why the saw is shredding the belt. Are the pulleys exactly in line? If it is a Vee belt, are the sides of the vee perfectly smooth?
Without resolving this first, it could destroy the new belt too.

Almost certain to be a standard part available through bearing factors tucked away on an industrial estate near you.
Take the old one for correct identification. They will not know as a belt for an XYZ model saw.
It should only be a few quid. Go armed with the AXI price for comparison.

If you can read the numbers on the belt then you can possibly get one online from outfits like Bearing Boys

I bought a drive belt for this saw last week from Axminster, their part number is 200145 Drive Belt 501196 AW10BSB2 Saw Bench A-860. The A-860 is marked on the belt which is a standard V type. Axminster charged £2.75 + VAT so I doubt that you will find it a great deal cheaper elsewhere; although as I picked it up I don't know about their postage costs.

As an aside, I bought a random mix of spares for the saw all of which were in stock and all very reasonably priced in my opinion. The service was extremely helpful, very patient (I'm no saw expert) and friendly despite it being lunch time and they were busy. I will certainly be buying more from Axminster when I finally learn what I actually need.

As already advised, the reason for the shredding should be sorted out first. While my original belt has stretched a bit and there is no more adjustment available there is no sign of any rubbing or break up of the belt at all.

Regards

Keith

Hats off to Axi for selling belts at realistic prices without the huge mark-up that most other machine supplies apply to their bought in consumable spares.

Thanks for the replies. I dropped an email to Axminster last night requesting the part number and cost, and the reply came early this morning - £2.75 + VAT (+ postage of course). I've ordered 2 - total of £10.44 posted (despatched today). That I cannot grumble about.

Back